X 
Already a User? Sign in!
Your email ID

Password
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if on shared computer)

New user?   Sign up
X 
Verify your account

You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before you can
start using it.

Your Mobile No.
+91 

Enter the code you received on sms >
Resend Code (Incase you don't get sms from us).

Note: Rediff will never share your number with any company for marketing purpose.

X 
We have sent you an email to . Please click on the link in the email to confirm your emailID.
Anil-Goel-Chat

#Anil-Goel-Chat

Author of Exit Point will take your questions on July 24, at 2 pm
49 posts so far
9 others are following
380 characters

Loading ! Please wait...
Step 1 of 4 : Album created
SC

shubhadeep chattopadhyay

Any movie in making for the novels you authored, as i am not very much a reader but do like to watch movies.

Any movie in making for the novels you authored, as i am not very much a reader but do like to watch movies. #Anil-Goel-Chat
Posted : 6 months ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
SX

Simon Xavier

Are you Alok? :-P

Are you Alok? :-P #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GV

gitanjali Verma

Hello Sir, I too would like to write...there are a lot of stories revolving in my head...but not sure how it will proceed....can you advise me please..Gitanjali

Hello Sir, I too would like to write...there are a lot of stories revolving in my head...but not sure how it will proceed....can you advise me please..Gitanjali #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AG

Anil Goel

Good stuff. Thanks guys. Pleasure chatting with you. Thanks a lot for making the time. Try to read, try to write, aim high...esp all you kids out there...dont cut slack...try to change the world...lots of love, blessing and best wishes :) ciaooo

Good stuff. Thanks guys. Pleasure chatting with you. Thanks a lot for making the time. Try to read, try to write, aim high...esp all you kids out there...dont cut slack...try to change the world...lots of love, blessing and best wishes :) ciaooo #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GV

gitanjali Verma

Thank you for replying

Thank you for replying #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
FA

Farhan Aziz

What have your greatest learnings been as an author?

What have your greatest learnings been as an author? #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GV

gitanjali Verma

Thank you Sir....you are an inspiration for me....

Thank you Sir....you are an inspiration for me.... #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GV

gitanjali Verma

I read in your chat that for a writer you dont read that much.....I too dont read much....and I wonder how can I write if I dont read that much....but I did write a poem dedicated to my Parents which turned out to be fantastic....it was revolving in my head a couple of yrs, and finally when I started penning it down, it semd effortless

I read in your chat that for a writer you dont read that much.....I too dont read much....and I wonder how can I write if I dont read that much....but I did write a poem dedicated to my Parents which turned out to be fantastic....it was revolving in my head a couple of yrs, and finally when I started penning it down, it semd effortless #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
SP

Satish Pulli

What do you do when you are not writing?

What do you do when you are not writing? #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AA

Aprosh Aarsiwala

What were the challenges you faced to get your first book published? Was it easier the second time around?

What were the challenges you faced to get your first book published? Was it easier the second time around? #Anil-Goel-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
SC

shubhadeep chattopadhyay

Any movie in making for the novels you authored, as i am not very much a reader but do like to watch movies.

Any movie in making for the novels you authored, as i am not very much a reader but do like to watch movies. #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Shubhadeep... Both Relese 2.0 and Exit Point are very "visual"...they would make for good movies..but they dont fit anythign i can see in bollywood right now..and i dont see how they could reach western shores...Exit Point is a story for anyone, anywhere who has been online...but is a slick, tech thriller...who wud mk a film here? :)

Shubhadeep... Both Relese 2.0 and Exit Point are very "visual"...they would make for good movies..but they dont fit anythign i can see in bollywood right now..and i dont see how they could reach western shores...Exit Point is a story for anyone, anywhere who has been online...but is a slick, tech thriller...who wud mk a film here? :)
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Answered below. Thank you :)

Answered below. Thank you :)
6 months ago 
SX

Simon Xavier

Are you Alok? :-P

Are you Alok? :-P #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hahahha Simon. Grinning ear to ear :)... My life and Alok's life are very different. Yet as a writer, I am every character i ever created. I live them. I experience their pain, their hopes, their dreams, their world view. I experience it and i create it for them. When Alok is talking to Lucy I have been both Alok and Lucy...it sounds bizzare but its true...Im all of them

Hahahha Simon. Grinning ear to ear :)... My life and Alok's life are very different. Yet as a writer, I am every character i ever created. I live them. I experience their pain, their hopes, their dreams, their world view. I experience it and i create it for them. When Alok is talking to Lucy I have been both Alok and Lucy...it sounds bizzare but its true...Im all of them
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Answered ur original question below :)

Answered ur original question below :)
6 months ago 
GV

gitanjali Verma

Hello Sir, I too would like to write...there are a lot of stories revolving in my head...but not sure how it will proceed....can you advise me please..Gitanjali

Hello Sir, I too would like to write...there are a lot of stories revolving in my head...but not sure how it will proceed....can you advise me please..Gitanjali #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Gitanjali. I cant presribe an exact process but write out each story in at least one page. All stories can really be told in just one page. Write that out. Then examien it. Is the char more imp or the plot? Do you already now the ending or is the writing journey going to be more about figuring out the ending. Get those first few fundamental things in place.

Hi Gitanjali. I cant presribe an exact process but write out each story in at least one page. All stories can really be told in just one page. Write that out. Then examien it. Is the char more imp or the plot? Do you already now the ending or is the writing journey going to be more about figuring out the ending. Get those first few fundamental things in place.
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Once you have that in place it will serve two key purposes. One, it will serve as a springboard from which your imagination will maek leaps every now and then when you were least expectign it. That will allow you explore the boundaries of ur story adn chars. Two - it will give u skeleton against which you can rein in ur imagination so ure alwways working towards a story. That bal is imp. Gd luck!

Once you have that in place it will serve two key purposes. One, it will serve as a springboard from which your imagination will maek leaps every now and then when you were least expectign it. That will allow you explore the boundaries of ur story adn chars. Two - it will give u skeleton against which you can rein in ur imagination so ure alwways working towards a story. That bal is imp. Gd luck!
6 months ago 
GV

gitanjali Verma Thank you very much Sir, did you do any short course in writing...or did you just follow your heart

Thank you very much Sir, did you do any short course in writing...or did you just follow your heart
6 months ago 
FA

Farhan Aziz

What have your greatest learnings been as an author?

What have your greatest learnings been as an author? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Farhan. Kaise ho? Are you fasting? :)..tx for the question man...makes me think about it...i think being an author has made me humble inside..very humble...ive realsied tat writers think they create stories but its actually stories that create writiers..stories look for a writer to bring them into the world...u have to surrender..completely

Hi Farhan. Kaise ho? Are you fasting? :)..tx for the question man...makes me think about it...i think being an author has made me humble inside..very humble...ive realsied tat writers think they create stories but its actually stories that create writiers..stories look for a writer to bring them into the world...u have to surrender..completely
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Answered below Farhan

Answered below Farhan
6 months ago 
SP

Satish Pulli

What do you do when you are not writing?

What do you do when you are not writing? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Satish...answered below...not sure if u asked....can u check :)

Satish...answered below...not sure if u asked....can u check :)
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Answered below. Thanks Satish

Answered below. Thanks Satish
6 months ago 
AA

Aprosh Aarsiwala

What were the challenges you faced to get your first book published? Was it easier the second time around?

What were the challenges you faced to get your first book published? Was it easier the second time around? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Aprosh - Release 2.0 was published in 2007 -the indusry was nascent, you had to submit hard copies by courier etc; now u can make electronic submissions. And of course being a published writer helped a lot...quite a few publishers read the full manuscript...during release 2.0 i got polite rejection slips on the query letter itself..

Aprosh - Release 2.0 was published in 2007 -the indusry was nascent, you had to submit hard copies by courier etc; now u can make electronic submissions. And of course being a published writer helped a lot...quite a few publishers read the full manuscript...during release 2.0 i got polite rejection slips on the query letter itself..
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Answered ur original question below :) Unless someoen else asked. Exit Point was definitely easier because your credibility is established plus you have a fan base to leverage on. But its still very tough.

Answered ur original question below :) Unless someoen else asked. Exit Point was definitely easier because your credibility is established plus you have a fan base to leverage on. But its still very tough.
6 months ago 
DP

Dibyendu Pal

Sir, First of all congrats for creating a new league of writing (IT Thriller) in India.I am trying to write short stories. Do you see any future of Short Stories as it is a lost art now?

Sir, First of all congrats for creating a new league of writing (IT Thriller) in India.I am trying to write short stories. Do you see any future of Short Stories as it is a lost art now? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Dibyendu. Thank You. Short stories should actually work better in todays day and age where attention spans are really low. At the risk of being repetitive, serve the story and not ur own selfish end. If uve got a story in ur head write it out the way its coming to you. If its not looking more than 20-30 thousand words consider writing short stories

Hi Dibyendu. Thank You. Short stories should actually work better in todays day and age where attention spans are really low. At the risk of being repetitive, serve the story and not ur own selfish end. If uve got a story in ur head write it out the way its coming to you. If its not looking more than 20-30 thousand words consider writing short stories
6 months ago 
S

Shweetu

Hi Mr. Goel. I read Release 2.0 sometime in 2007 (I think) and it very accurately described the state of IT as it is today! Haven't read Exit Point yet but it seems to paint a grim picture of the future of human civilisation. You think we're headed towards doom?

Hi Mr. Goel. I read Release 2.0 sometime in 2007 (I think) and it very accurately described the state of IT as it is today! Haven't read Exit Point yet but it seems to paint a grim picture of the future of human civilisation. You think we're headed towards doom? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Exit Point doesnt paint a grim picture at all. It actually reminds us that at the end of the day, we are "intelligent" beings. Our intelligence is the essence of who we are. What makes us human. Exit Point encourages us to address our intellignece. More than our physical needs. Intelligence is the master. Not the physical body it resides in :). Be the master :)

Exit Point doesnt paint a grim picture at all. It actually reminds us that at the end of the day, we are "intelligent" beings. Our intelligence is the essence of who we are. What makes us human. Exit Point encourages us to address our intellignece. More than our physical needs. Intelligence is the master. Not the physical body it resides in :). Be the master :)
6 months ago 
S

Shweetu Thank you for replying :). I don't know why I had that impression! Must get book now! :)

Thank you for replying :). I don't know why I had that impression! Must get book now! :)
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel The Deccan Herald christened me the "The Prophet of Doom" although Release 2.0 shows both a dystopian and a utopian view of where the technology industry could b e. I have the character of Sudharsan Rao much more dynamis and energy and passion for Infinity than you know who has actually shown for Inf... likewsie for Exit Point... i dont want a moniker related to "Doom" man!

The Deccan Herald christened me the "The Prophet of Doom" although Release 2.0 shows both a dystopian and a utopian view of where the technology industry could b e. I have the character of Sudharsan Rao much more dynamis and energy and passion for Infinity than you know who has actually shown for Inf... likewsie for Exit Point... i dont want a moniker related to "Doom" man!
6 months ago 
GG

Gurshan Gurmeet

Where do you get ideas for your books?

Where do you get ideas for your books? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Ideas are all around Gurmeet. As human being we tend to be very closed people. We create scripts that help us navigate oru day to day lives despire our limitations. If u want to be a writer u have to let go of that security. You have to be open to all possibilities It has side effects. Being too open has side effects but there is no other way. If you question everything ideas will come :)

Ideas are all around Gurmeet. As human being we tend to be very closed people. We create scripts that help us navigate oru day to day lives despire our limitations. If u want to be a writer u have to let go of that security. You have to be open to all possibilities It has side effects. Being too open has side effects but there is no other way. If you question everything ideas will come :)
6 months ago 
SA

Sukhvinder Agah

Do you see yourself giving up your day job to be a full-time author like Amish Tripathi or Chetan Bhagat?

Do you see yourself giving up your day job to be a full-time author like Amish Tripathi or Chetan Bhagat? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Dunno Sukhvinder. Writign is a form of self expression. It needs soul. U have to be ready to give, not waiting to receive. If you start writing for a living, the pressure to succeed or earn may take the soul out of it. The magic may abandon you. I dont want to kill the hen that lays teh golden egg...writing has brought beauty to me life...the beauty may leave me if im disloyal

Dunno Sukhvinder. Writign is a form of self expression. It needs soul. U have to be ready to give, not waiting to receive. If you start writing for a living, the pressure to succeed or earn may take the soul out of it. The magic may abandon you. I dont want to kill the hen that lays teh golden egg...writing has brought beauty to me life...the beauty may leave me if im disloyal
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Not sure Sukhvinder. There is definitely a lot to write.

Not sure Sukhvinder. There is definitely a lot to write.
6 months ago 
AB

Ashok Bhandari

From Cricketer to Writer, you have come a long way my friend. Will need some tips of Time Management to juggle between office, writing book, married life and yes kid. Best of Luck for the Success my FRIEND.Ashok (1World)

From Cricketer to Writer, you have come a long way my friend. Will need some tips of Time Management to juggle between office, writing book, married life and yes kid. Best of Luck for the Success my FRIEND.Ashok (1World) #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Thanks Ashok

Thanks Ashok
6 months ago 
AJ

AMIT JAGDANE

vvhat could make us to read this book as to get some conclusion in our life

vvhat could make us to read this book as to get some conclusion in our life #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Amit. We all wonder at some time or the other about our purpose. Who am I? Why am I here? In this life? Where did i come from? Where will I go? Exit Point makes you think about all of that and gives you perspective...abotu who you possbe are...and what your purpose possibly is? :) Alok is trying to find his purpose in Exit Point...see if you can find yours :)

Hi Amit. We all wonder at some time or the other about our purpose. Who am I? Why am I here? In this life? Where did i come from? Where will I go? Exit Point makes you think about all of that and gives you perspective...abotu who you possbe are...and what your purpose possibly is? :) Alok is trying to find his purpose in Exit Point...see if you can find yours :)
6 months ago 
RS

Rajan sha

Could you tell us a little about the primary characters in your book?

Could you tell us a little about the primary characters in your book? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Rajan. Exit Point revolves around the relationship of two very young, very intelligent people - a boy and a girl - who find themselves withdrawing more and more from a physical world where relationships are limited by geography and drawn more to the internet where there is endless choice. Their minds meet ...and things sdnly begin to happen...bigger things..all over the net...

Hi Rajan. Exit Point revolves around the relationship of two very young, very intelligent people - a boy and a girl - who find themselves withdrawing more and more from a physical world where relationships are limited by geography and drawn more to the internet where there is endless choice. Their minds meet ...and things sdnly begin to happen...bigger things..all over the net...
6 months ago 
A

Ashutosh

Anil i read your Release 2.0 long back ago :) Did you already have Exit Point in mind when you were writing R2.0 or did the story develop later

Anil i read your Release 2.0 long back ago :) Did you already have Exit Point in mind when you were writing R2.0 or did the story develop later #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Ashutosh..no no i didnt have exit poit in mind then...i started thinking about exit point around the time Release 2.0 was in editing..but no connection...exit point came flying into my imagination from a completely chacne experience. OF course there is a beautiful linkage in the stories now...but u hv to rd exit point to find out :)

Hey Ashutosh..no no i didnt have exit poit in mind then...i started thinking about exit point around the time Release 2.0 was in editing..but no connection...exit point came flying into my imagination from a completely chacne experience. OF course there is a beautiful linkage in the stories now...but u hv to rd exit point to find out :)
6 months ago 
SN

Sachin Nirhali

Recently I happened to read your IT Thriller. Must say you have done a good job. I too have penned a romantic thriller “An Appointment with Death” (By Sachin Nirhali) which is being sold on Amazon and Flipkart. My question is, do you think Indian reader is ready for thriller or they are still interested in romance and mythology?

Recently I happened to read your IT Thriller. Must say you have done a good job. I too have penned a romantic thriller “An Appointment with Death” (By Sachin Nirhali) which is being sold on Amazon and Flipkart. My question is, do you think Indian reader is ready for thriller or they are still interested in romance and mythology? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Sahil..great work...good luck with your book. I'm surrrrrrrrre people are ready for thrillers man...there is no reason why anyone would not enjoy a good thriller...good luck

Sahil..great work...good luck with your book. I'm surrrrrrrrre people are ready for thrillers man...there is no reason why anyone would not enjoy a good thriller...good luck
6 months ago 
SN

Sachin Nirhali Thank you sir, for answering.

Thank you sir, for answering.
6 months ago 
RK

ramesh kumar

who is your inspiration & how you keep yourself inspire for such lovely writing?

who is your inspiration & how you keep yourself inspire for such lovely writing? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Ramesh - tx for the kind words man. Have you read my books? :) ... only teh story inspires me really...i dont have a role model etc...

Ramesh - tx for the kind words man. Have you read my books? :) ... only teh story inspires me really...i dont have a role model etc...
6 months ago 
GG

Gurshan Gurmeet

How does one get published?

How does one get published? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel All publishers have a std book querfy format. U can mk electronic submissions. chek their website. the proposal typoicall needs to include a synopsis, some sampe chaters who you are, what market u are addressign etc..good luck Gurashan...screw the publising bit...just write ..just go and write man...the rest will follow:)

All publishers have a std book querfy format. U can mk electronic submissions. chek their website. the proposal typoicall needs to include a synopsis, some sampe chaters who you are, what market u are addressign etc..good luck Gurashan...screw the publising bit...just write ..just go and write man...the rest will follow:)
6 months ago 
SA

sonia agarwal

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel I was thinking endlessly about the future of the tech industry..this was 2005...my mind wandered in crazy areas..i followed it...realised this is actually looking like a story...hadnt read much after grisham...so googled to see if an indian in india can actually even be allowed to write a story..thankfully chetan bhagat had got it going...

I was thinking endlessly about the future of the tech industry..this was 2005...my mind wandered in crazy areas..i followed it...realised this is actually looking like a story...hadnt read much after grisham...so googled to see if an indian in india can actually even be allowed to write a story..thankfully chetan bhagat had got it going...
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel that gave me the courage to write a novel...to invest that much of my soul...knwing there is a small chance of it getting published...but then i started wndering wot the EFF i was doing for 30 years of my life till then..i realised how much i enjoy it...id never really planned or "wanted" to be a writer...release 2.0 did it to me

that gave me the courage to write a novel...to invest that much of my soul...knwing there is a small chance of it getting published...but then i started wndering wot the EFF i was doing for 30 years of my life till then..i realised how much i enjoy it...id never really planned or "wanted" to be a writer...release 2.0 did it to me
6 months ago 
LM

Lalji Margasahayam

What's your advice to aspiring authors?

What's your advice to aspiring authors? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Lalji. Just main piece of advice. Focus on the story more than the writing. I've met loads and loads of people who are too hung up about "writing" while they don't even have a story in their head. People want to read good stories. They don't want to read good writing. They will wade thru the crappiest of writing if the story is gripping but the best writing can't save an uninspiring story.

Hey Lalji. Just main piece of advice. Focus on the story more than the writing. I've met loads and loads of people who are too hung up about "writing" while they don't even have a story in their head. People want to read good stories. They don't want to read good writing. They will wade thru the crappiest of writing if the story is gripping but the best writing can't save an uninspiring story.
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Focus on the story. See detailed response below to ur orig q :)

Focus on the story. See detailed response below to ur orig q :)
6 months ago 
VT

Vinayak Tavade

What did you want to be when you were a child?

What did you want to be when you were a child? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Vinayak... i wanted to be an aeronautical engineer...i had a crazy bunch for friends at KC college...5 guys and 5 girls...5 toppers all girls...5 guys all louging..we went to fetch Huma from the library...i passed at least three guys studying for IIT...i saw the books and instantly lost my love for aeronautics

Hey Vinayak... i wanted to be an aeronautical engineer...i had a crazy bunch for friends at KC college...5 guys and 5 girls...5 toppers all girls...5 guys all louging..we went to fetch Huma from the library...i passed at least three guys studying for IIT...i saw the books and instantly lost my love for aeronautics
6 months ago 
AS

Amit Shellar

Could you tell us a little about what you do when you are not writing?

Could you tell us a little about what you do when you are not writing? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Amit. Right now mostly just one of two things man. Most likely working. I work really long weeks! Otherwise the same boring stuff you probably do as well - running after a plumber to get a leak fixed in the house etc :) Of course I do all the regular stuff also - you know...sleep, shit, brush, bathe...but time is a premium...need to keep making choices every day :)

Hey Amit. Right now mostly just one of two things man. Most likely working. I work really long weeks! Otherwise the same boring stuff you probably do as well - running after a plumber to get a leak fixed in the house etc :) Of course I do all the regular stuff also - you know...sleep, shit, brush, bathe...but time is a premium...need to keep making choices every day :)
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel Hi Amit..replied below on ur orig q

Hi Amit..replied below on ur orig q
6 months ago 
DJ

dolly j

Hi Bhaiyya..Grt to c u in this space...Awesum !

Hi Bhaiyya..Grt to c u in this space...Awesum ! #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Dolly

Hey Dolly
6 months ago 
D

dineshhassija

almost each is involved in religious and social activities on daily basis still could not change mind set ... we are occupied in manipulating the circumstances during the day and then visiting religious places though many start their day by visiting religious places...

almost each is involved in religious and social activities on daily basis still could not change mind set ... we are occupied in manipulating the circumstances during the day and then visiting religious places though many start their day by visiting religious places... #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Lost you sir

Lost you sir
6 months ago 
M

Manish

Are you going to venture out to non techie thrillers? or non fiction? Techie romantic novel maybe?

Are you going to venture out to non techie thrillers? or non fiction? Techie romantic novel maybe? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Manish - never say never. But i cant imagine writing romance. I dont want to write non fiction simply becasue fiction is wot excited me more than anythign else. There are three stories waiting to be writting. All thrillers. 1 is a psychological thriller but tech will come in. The others have a lot of tech. Exit Point also weaves thru an intense relationship betw 2 youngsters...but its subtext

Manish - never say never. But i cant imagine writing romance. I dont want to write non fiction simply becasue fiction is wot excited me more than anythign else. There are three stories waiting to be writting. All thrillers. 1 is a psychological thriller but tech will come in. The others have a lot of tech. Exit Point also weaves thru an intense relationship betw 2 youngsters...but its subtext
6 months ago 
GW

Ganesh Walke

The Indian publishing industry has been booming but the successful books are either mythological thrillers or romances. How much space is there for an IT thriller like Exit Point, according to you?

The Indian publishing industry has been booming but the successful books are either mythological thrillers or romances. How much space is there for an IT thriller like Exit Point, according to you? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Ganesh. Maybe ill carve out a new niche. Isnt that good for readers? For the publishg industry? Ive grown up fascinated by the science and tech in jurassic park, matrix, the stuff by tom clancy...technoloy is not elitist man...tech is a part of everyoen lives...even my maid teaches her son using youtube videos..my watchman has a facebok account...

Hey Ganesh. Maybe ill carve out a new niche. Isnt that good for readers? For the publishg industry? Ive grown up fascinated by the science and tech in jurassic park, matrix, the stuff by tom clancy...technoloy is not elitist man...tech is a part of everyoen lives...even my maid teaches her son using youtube videos..my watchman has a facebok account...
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel We live in an age of technology....and it surrounds us .... there is an incredible amount of tech sophistication that gets into play evertime u do simple things like oepn a web page...the packets travel through servers and networks all over the world using sophisticated algorithms...u dont need to know that to use it...but gtng a perspective cud light a spark :)

We live in an age of technology....and it surrounds us .... there is an incredible amount of tech sophistication that gets into play evertime u do simple things like oepn a web page...the packets travel through servers and networks all over the world using sophisticated algorithms...u dont need to know that to use it...but gtng a perspective cud light a spark :)
6 months ago 
MM

Mayank Mehta

What inspires you to write books?

What inspires you to write books? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Mayank. I write to save myself man. I find myself speculating over things endlessly. When a speculation threatens to overwhelm i try to brng it to a logical closure thru a fictional outcome.

Hey Mayank. I write to save myself man. I find myself speculating over things endlessly. When a speculation threatens to overwhelm i try to brng it to a logical closure thru a fictional outcome.
6 months ago 
AG

Anil Goel I wrote Release 2.0 to stop myself from endlessly wondering about what would happen if all Indian techies in the world resigned on teh same day. I started writing Exit Point when I found i couldnt stop myself thinking endlessly about a chance Facebook chat with a complete stranger. I write really honestly for myself first...to find closure in such situations...

I wrote Release 2.0 to stop myself from endlessly wondering about what would happen if all Indian techies in the world resigned on teh same day. I started writing Exit Point when I found i couldnt stop myself thinking endlessly about a chance Facebook chat with a complete stranger. I write really honestly for myself first...to find closure in such situations...
6 months ago 
CT

Chinmay Thakur

Do you also read non-fiction? Could you recommend any authors?

Do you also read non-fiction? Could you recommend any authors? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Chinmay. Yes mostly non-fiction actually. The world is changing at an incredible pace. Its already a very different world tody and will be very differnet in 5-10 yrs from now. Look for the guys who are changing it - the kids at Google, Facebook, Whatsapp; Bezos at Amazon etc - and see wot they are talking about or reading..and start there. Bef u know ur shoppig cart wl be full of bks

Hey Chinmay. Yes mostly non-fiction actually. The world is changing at an incredible pace. Its already a very different world tody and will be very differnet in 5-10 yrs from now. Look for the guys who are changing it - the kids at Google, Facebook, Whatsapp; Bezos at Amazon etc - and see wot they are talking about or reading..and start there. Bef u know ur shoppig cart wl be full of bks
6 months ago 
MB

Murali Bansi

What do you turn to when you want to unwind?

What do you turn to when you want to unwind? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hi Murali. I live a lot inside my own head. Its an intense, dark place buzzign with all kinds of things. That gets intense. The best way for me to unwind from that is to get a sense of realism. I enjoy being lonely in a crowd. I enjoy going for a walk or chatting with strangers. It brings me out of my head and into the "real" world..tats what unwinding means to me :)

Hi Murali. I live a lot inside my own head. Its an intense, dark place buzzign with all kinds of things. That gets intense. The best way for me to unwind from that is to get a sense of realism. I enjoy being lonely in a crowd. I enjoy going for a walk or chatting with strangers. It brings me out of my head and into the "real" world..tats what unwinding means to me :)
6 months ago 
SK

Saroj Khan

Who are your favourite authors?

Who are your favourite authors? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Saroj. Like i just told Mayank i used to read a lot of fiction as a kid. Grisham, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz. I dont read much nowadays :)

Hey Saroj. Like i just told Mayank i used to read a lot of fiction as a kid. Grisham, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz. I dont read much nowadays :)
6 months ago 
JK

Jignesh Kaisth

How do you manage a day job and write? Could you tell us how you managed to do both? What was the schedule like?

How do you manage a day job and write? Could you tell us how you managed to do both? What was the schedule like? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Jignesh. Its crazy. Its imposs to balance. I dont think i do enough writing. I could be on my 5th book right now. I was travelling a lot when I wrote Release 2.0 so I got time on flights, airports etc. Exit Point was a very different experience. I lived for months, sometimes years with scenes and chars "festering" inside me and i had infrequent spells of "massive writing"

Hey Jignesh. Its crazy. Its imposs to balance. I dont think i do enough writing. I could be on my 5th book right now. I was travelling a lot when I wrote Release 2.0 so I got time on flights, airports etc. Exit Point was a very different experience. I lived for months, sometimes years with scenes and chars "festering" inside me and i had infrequent spells of "massive writing"
6 months ago 
RV

Raju Vohra

What books do you read?

What books do you read? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Raju. For a writer I don't read much. I used to read Grisham, King, Dean R. Koontz a lot as a kid. Now its more non fiction in the areas i want to research. Im also terribly scared about getting "inspired" so i avoid fiction as far as possible

Hey Raju. For a writer I don't read much. I used to read Grisham, King, Dean R. Koontz a lot as a kid. Now its more non fiction in the areas i want to research. Im also terribly scared about getting "inspired" so i avoid fiction as far as possible
6 months ago 
M

manikgupta020@rediffmail.com

Did you face Writer's Block? How do you get over it?

Did you face Writer's Block? How do you get over it? #Anil-Goel-Chat
AG

Anil Goel Hey Manik. Classic Q :). I must confess Writer's Block is a bit overrated. Its almost sexy. Actually "imagination block" is prb a better term. You dont imagine and write at teh same time. The Imagination is active all the time and its terrible when it stops.There were defn times i had such blocks but a lot of it was emotional. Exit Point is an intense story. It scared me at times.

Hey Manik. Classic Q :). I must confess Writer's Block is a bit overrated. Its almost sexy. Actually "imagination block" is prb a better term. You dont imagine and write at teh same time. The Imagination is active all the time and its terrible when it stops.There were defn times i had such blocks but a lot of it was emotional. Exit Point is an intense story. It scared me at times.
6 months ago