X 
Already a User? Sign in!
Your email ID

Password
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if on shared computer)

New user?   Sign up
X 
Verify your account

You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before you can
start using it.

Your Mobile No.
+91 

Enter the code you received on sms >
Resend Code (Incase you don't get sms from us).

Note: Rediff will never share your number with any company for marketing purpose.

X 
We have sent you an email to . Please click on the link in the email to confirm your emailID.
Careers-Chat

#Careers-Chat

Sudhanshu Arora, director, Careesma.in will take questions on how to prepare...  more »
Sudhanshu Arora, director, Careesma.in will take questions on how to prepare for a job interview between 3 and 4 pm today.  « less
61 posts so far
19 others are following
380 characters

Loading ! Please wait...
Step 1 of 4 : Album created
NK

Nishant kumar

Sir,I have one experience in IT field as an engineer .But in present company not any growth.In future I want to go for interview in another reputed company.Then how can i prepared for it.

Sir,I have one experience in IT field as an engineer .But in present company not any growth.In future I want to go for interview in another reputed company.Then how can i prepared for it. #Careers-Chat
Posted : 1 month ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
P

pratap

Sir, My main experience is in Vendor development field. But I have good knowledge about Purchase and Stores as well. My Resume tells more about Vendor development.Should I change my Resume.

Sir, My main experience is in Vendor development field. But I have good knowledge about Purchase and Stores as well. My Resume tells more about Vendor development.Should I change my Resume. #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GP

Geetha prasad

my friend has retired as DGM of a pvt bank and has experience of 35 yrs in all the fields of banking. He is now63 yrs and looking for an suitable placement for an contract period of about 4 to 5 years or any other good placement which will help the orgonisation also because of his rich banking experience.kindly come back.

my friend has retired as DGM of a pvt bank and has experience of 35 yrs in all the fields of banking. He is now63 yrs and looking for an suitable placement for an contract period of about 4 to 5 years or any other good placement which will help the orgonisation also because of his rich banking experience.kindly come back. #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
D

Deepna

I have been in the IT industry for 2 years now, and would like to switch to a non-IT/Creative job profile. How do I go about presenting this in my CV?

I have been in the IT industry for 2 years now, and would like to switch to a non-IT/Creative job profile. How do I go about presenting this in my CV? #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
NS

Navin Shah

Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully? answer please

Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully? answer please #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
LM

Lalji Margasahayam

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.??

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.?? #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
K

kinshuki

Sir, thanks for your response. I have been doing well in my field for close to 5 years now. Still i dont get any good opportunities for relevant roles? Can the resume be the reason? What can be wrong with the resume?

Sir, thanks for your response. I have been doing well in my field for close to 5 years now. Still i dont get any good opportunities for relevant roles? Can the resume be the reason? What can be wrong with the resume? #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AS

Amit Shellar

what should one answer if interviewer asks "where do you see yourself after 6 or 7 years? "

what should one answer if interviewer asks "where do you see yourself after 6 or 7 years? " #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
MN

Manasi Nath

Dear sir, how would you answer this quastion: WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO TO STAY @ YOUR LAST JOB?

Dear sir, how would you answer this quastion: WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO TO STAY @ YOUR LAST JOB? #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PY

Pramod Yadav

I had 16 years of IT experience and currently do not have a job since last 1.5 years , and been trying to very hard to get one, however things did not click for me. How do i handle the situation? and can i hope to get an opportunity after a gap of 1.5 years ?

I had 16 years of IT experience and currently do not have a job since last 1.5 years , and been trying to very hard to get one, however things did not click for me. How do i handle the situation? and can i hope to get an opportunity after a gap of 1.5 years ? #Careers-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
GP

Geetha prasad

my friend has retired as DGM of a pvt bank and has experience of 35 yrs in all the fields of banking. He is now63 yrs and looking for an suitable placement for an contract period of about 4 to 5 years or any other good placement which will help the orgonisation also because of his rich banking experience.kindly come back.

my friend has retired as DGM of a pvt bank and has experience of 35 yrs in all the fields of banking. He is now63 yrs and looking for an suitable placement for an contract period of about 4 to 5 years or any other good placement which will help the orgonisation also because of his rich banking experience.kindly come back. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Hi Geetha..There are many companies that require such experienced people in a contractual role..You can look for such openings on careesma.in

Hi Geetha..There are many companies that require such experienced people in a contractual role..You can look for such openings on careesma.in
1 month ago 
D

Deepna

I have been in the IT industry for 2 years now, and would like to switch to a non-IT/Creative job profile. How do I go about presenting this in my CV?

I have been in the IT industry for 2 years now, and would like to switch to a non-IT/Creative job profile. How do I go about presenting this in my CV? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Hi Deepna..Its important to have some consistency in your role and as a fresher you should stay with the company for some more time and try to do some creative work in you free time

Hi Deepna..Its important to have some consistency in your role and as a fresher you should stay with the company for some more time and try to do some creative work in you free time
1 month ago 
NS

Navin Shah

Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully? answer please

Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully? answer please #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Always prepare well for an interview and try to have some answers about what difference you can make to that role and position

Always prepare well for an interview and try to have some answers about what difference you can make to that role and position
1 month ago 
LM

Lalji Margasahayam

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.??

Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.?? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Tell the interviewer about how you successfully overcame a situation in your previous organisation which showed your leadership skills or your analytical ability

Tell the interviewer about how you successfully overcame a situation in your previous organisation which showed your leadership skills or your analytical ability
1 month ago 
K

kinshuki

Sir, thanks for your response. I have been doing well in my field for close to 5 years now. Still i dont get any good opportunities for relevant roles? Can the resume be the reason? What can be wrong with the resume?

Sir, thanks for your response. I have been doing well in my field for close to 5 years now. Still i dont get any good opportunities for relevant roles? Can the resume be the reason? What can be wrong with the resume? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora It can be a probable reason..Please visit http://rediff.ly/385yt for tips on resume writing

It can be a probable reason..Please visit for tips on resume writing
1 month ago 
AS

Amit Shellar

what should one answer if interviewer asks "where do you see yourself after 6 or 7 years? "

what should one answer if interviewer asks "where do you see yourself after 6 or 7 years? " #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Share with them..your career objectives..you can always talk about playing a leadership role in that spam of time

Share with them..your career objectives..you can always talk about playing a leadership role in that spam of time
1 month ago 
PY

Pramod Yadav

I had 16 years of IT experience and currently do not have a job since last 1.5 years , and been trying to very hard to get one, however things did not click for me. How do i handle the situation? and can i hope to get an opportunity after a gap of 1.5 years ?

I had 16 years of IT experience and currently do not have a job since last 1.5 years , and been trying to very hard to get one, however things did not click for me. How do i handle the situation? and can i hope to get an opportunity after a gap of 1.5 years ? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Yes you just need to be confident in your efforts..Just be strong with your basics

Yes you just need to be confident in your efforts..Just be strong with your basics
1 month ago 
NR

narendra rajput

Sir, what is the best answer for " Why you want to change?" question because normally all peoples looking for good salary.

Sir, what is the best answer for " Why you want to change?" question because normally all peoples looking for good salary. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora There is no good or bad answer..Always try to be truthful in the interview

There is no good or bad answer..Always try to be truthful in the interview
1 month ago 
JC

JIMESH CHUDGAR

I am doing marketing for construction machinery, I wanted to know if i am changing job in CTC can i show salary Commission.

I am doing marketing for construction machinery, I wanted to know if i am changing job in CTC can i show salary Commission. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Yes you can show that..

Yes you can show that..
1 month ago 
P

Prasenjit

Hi sir, Presently I am working in reputed company last 7 years as a regular basis. now the company has given offer in Qatar site as same role instead of Permanent role. can I accept this offer because I am expecting that company will accept me as a permanent role.

Hi sir, Presently I am working in reputed company last 7 years as a regular basis. now the company has given offer in Qatar site as same role instead of Permanent role. can I accept this offer because I am expecting that company will accept me as a permanent role. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora If its in line with your career objective..Please go ahead with the same.

If its in line with your career objective..Please go ahead with the same.
1 month ago 
M

mngkbdvt

Hello Sir,I am a BBM graduate and worked in a mid-sized company for 14 years. Was looking after accounts, HR, purchase, administration. Unfortunately, the company closed down. Now, outside that company I realize that ‘jack of all’ doesn’t work. They ask for professional qualification. My career is deeply dent now along with remuneration. Your suggestion please

Hello Sir,I am a BBM graduate and worked in a mid-sized company for 14 years. Was looking after accounts, HR, purchase, administration. Unfortunately, the company closed down. Now, outside that company I realize that ‘jack of all’ doesn’t work. They ask for professional qualification. My career is deeply dent now along with remuneration. Your suggestion please #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora I would say initially its important to specialize into one field..Try to show your expertise in the particular field for which opening is there in that firm while appearing in the interviews

I would say initially its important to specialize into one field..Try to show your expertise in the particular field for which opening is there in that firm while appearing in the interviews
1 month ago 
K

kinshuki

Hello Sir. Should we put up a picture in our resume? I have seen many resumes where candidates put up pictures.

Hello Sir. Should we put up a picture in our resume? I have seen many resumes where candidates put up pictures. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Its not important to include pictures in resume..But if a particular company requires it..Please include it in your resume

Its not important to include pictures in resume..But if a particular company requires it..Please include it in your resume
1 month ago 
AJ

amit jadhav

si iam stock broker with experince of 7 years now i wanto chaneg my job please let me how write the perfect resume

si iam stock broker with experince of 7 years now i wanto chaneg my job please let me how write the perfect resume #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Hi Amit..you can visit http://rediff.ly/385yt and get some valuable tips on it

Hi Amit..you can visit and get some valuable tips on it
1 month ago 
K

kinshuki

Hi Sir, what are the most important points that i should include in the resume from my job experience?

Hi Sir, what are the most important points that i should include in the resume from my job experience? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Always write in crisp about your work experience and the role & responsibility handled in your previous jobs..Show what have you achieved in your previous roles

Always write in crisp about your work experience and the role & responsibility handled in your previous jobs..Show what have you achieved in your previous roles
1 month ago 
N

neetasinha

Hi Sir. How are you? What kind of questions can I expect in technical round at Accenture?

Hi Sir. How are you? What kind of questions can I expect in technical round at Accenture? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Its very difficult to predict the kind of technical questions that can be asked in an Interview as it depends upon the interviewer..But its always good to be strong in basics and prepare commonly asked technical questions as well

Its very difficult to predict the kind of technical questions that can be asked in an Interview as it depends upon the interviewer..But its always good to be strong in basics and prepare commonly asked technical questions as well
1 month ago 
BR

bairi ramayya

[SKB] sir i am a it professional who is working in a small firm from 2 years for a meagre salary which does not match industry standards.now i have cleared interview in a mnc and how much salary raise i have to ask?can i tell as per industry standards which is more than double of my current ?

[SKB] sir i am a it professional who is working in a small firm from 2 years for a meagre salary which does not match industry standards.now i have cleared interview in a mnc and how much salary raise i have to ask?can i tell as per industry standards which is more than double of my current ? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora usually companies give hike in salary based on the last salary drawn..My suggestion would be to join the next firm ..prove your worth and then ask for the raise in salary

usually companies give hike in salary based on the last salary drawn..My suggestion would be to join the next firm ..prove your worth and then ask for the raise in salary
1 month ago 
AC

Amol chille

Sir what to write in 'objective' section?

Sir what to write in 'objective' section? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora The objective section should clearly define the role that you are looking at

The objective section should clearly define the role that you are looking at
1 month ago 
SP

Satish Pulli

What is the difference between resume and cv? pls explain

What is the difference between resume and cv? pls explain #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora The primary differences between a resume and a curriculum vitae (CV) are the length, what is included and what each is used for. A resume is a one or two page summary of your skills, experience and education. While a resume is brief and concise - no more than a page or two, a curriculum vitae is a longer (at least two pages) and more detailed synopsis.

The primary differences between a resume and a curriculum vitae (CV) are the length, what is included and what each is used for. A resume is a one or two page summary of your skills, experience and education. While a resume is brief and concise - no more than a page or two, a curriculum vitae is a longer (at least two pages) and more detailed synopsis.
1 month ago 
D

Deepna

Hi Sir, can you please tell me how important extra-curricular is in the Resume?

Hi Sir, can you please tell me how important extra-curricular is in the Resume? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Extra curriculars plays an important part in the selection process of a Job as it shows the other side of your personality...For exampale if you are into sports then it shows that you should be a good team player..So its important to include it..but briefly

Extra curriculars plays an important part in the selection process of a Job as it shows the other side of your personality...For exampale if you are into sports then it shows that you should be a good team player..So its important to include it..but briefly
1 month ago 
SN

sujan nayak

I know that I have been selected & found fit for the job in my first two rounds of interview.Now the third round is with country head & salary negotiation. what should be my approach

I know that I have been selected & found fit for the job in my first two rounds of interview.Now the third round is with country head & salary negotiation. what should be my approach #Careers-Chat
Posted : 3 months ago
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Be what you are - be more specific with your answers - Truthfulness helps, show your fitment - it automatically ensures a better / competitive CTC as per market standards.

Be what you are - be more specific with your answers - Truthfulness helps, show your fitment - it automatically ensures a better / competitive CTC as per market standards.
3 months ago 
DN

divya-nair

[SKB] Please share some tips to improve confidence and overcome fear of speaking.

[SKB] Please share some tips to improve confidence and overcome fear of speaking. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Keep nurturing these skills by good reading habits & talking openly within the 1st circle (family , friends etc) regularly.......you may also jlin some competent courses offering such services!!

Keep nurturing these skills by good reading habits & talking openly within the 1st circle (family , friends etc) regularly.......you may also jlin some competent courses offering such services!!
3 months ago 
S

shirish

If the employer asks me to sign the offer letter right away, should i agree or ask for more time?

If the employer asks me to sign the offer letter right away, should i agree or ask for more time? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Depends on how much convinced you are with the offer - if not fully - you have all the right to come back to them within a given / agreed timeframe.

Depends on how much convinced you are with the offer - if not fully - you have all the right to come back to them within a given / agreed timeframe.
3 months ago 
S

salim

How to tackle telephonic and video interviews? pls advice

How to tackle telephonic and video interviews? pls advice #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora A saying - 1st impression is the last impression.......so on telephonic interviews - be focussed, speak well & to the point (listen to the questions carefully) while in video conferencing all remains the same in tips you just need to be well dressed & having a good body language.

A saying - 1st impression is the last impression.......so on telephonic interviews - be focussed, speak well & to the point (listen to the questions carefully) while in video conferencing all remains the same in tips you just need to be well dressed & having a good body language.
3 months ago 
K

kinshuki

Hi. In a panel, when answering, do we look at the person who asks the question or towards everyone?

Hi. In a panel, when answering, do we look at the person who asks the question or towards everyone? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Keep looking at everyone but more emphasis to the one who asked the particular question!!

Keep looking at everyone but more emphasis to the one who asked the particular question!!
3 months ago 
V

vishal

In my last group discussion round, the question was on economics, a topic i dislike. I was at complete loss and could not contribute much. How to deal with such situations?

In my last group discussion round, the question was on economics, a topic i dislike. I was at complete loss and could not contribute much. How to deal with such situations? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora You can never be a master at everything.......but nurturing / sharpening your skill levels will be required in all stages of your [professional life.....So keep doing that & donot get demotivated at all.

You can never be a master at everything.......but nurturing / sharpening your skill levels will be required in all stages of your [professional life.....So keep doing that & donot get demotivated at all.
3 months ago 
ND

Nitin Deshmukh

How do deal with rejection in interview?

How do deal with rejection in interview? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Just stay confident......its never a rejection.....its just that you were not matching the present skillsets required at that position.....stay focussed, be positive & keep nurturing your skills

Just stay confident......its never a rejection.....its just that you were not matching the present skillsets required at that position.....stay focussed, be positive & keep nurturing your skills
3 months ago 
RR

Rahul Ruia

Sir, I have done My MBA in Finance & graduated in 2013. Being a fresher, in Finance field there were not much job openings at that point of time. I got a job in sales section in Fund Raising firm in Nov 2013. Sir I after completing 6 months I feel I am not comfortable with sales and I need to look out for profile other than sales. Is it ok that I can apply with 6months exp

Sir, I have done My MBA in Finance & graduated in 2013. Being a fresher, in Finance field there were not much job openings at that point of time. I got a job in sales section in Fund Raising firm in Nov 2013. Sir I after completing 6 months I feel I am not comfortable with sales and I need to look out for profile other than sales. Is it ok that I can apply with 6months exp #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora It is always good to do what you love doing..So if you feel Finance is the right sector for you,you should start applying to the related jobs

It is always good to do what you love doing..So if you feel Finance is the right sector for you,you should start applying to the related jobs
3 months ago 
K

kinshuki

Do you think professional resume services help in getting better calls for interviews?

Do you think professional resume services help in getting better calls for interviews? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora A well made resume can help you get noticed by the employer but ultimately your skills count.you can find some common CV Formats on our blog http://rediff.ly/2y8e1

A well made resume can help you get noticed by the employer but ultimately your skills count.you can find some common CV Formats on our blog
3 months ago 
VT

Vinayak Tavade

Dear sir, how to handle this question..What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Dear sir, how to handle this question..What are your strengths and weaknesses? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Start with your personal information but keep it short and then move to your strong points which relates to the role that you are applying and expain how it can help the company in attaining the larger goal

Start with your personal information but keep it short and then move to your strong points which relates to the role that you are applying and expain how it can help the company in attaining the larger goal
3 months ago 
LM

Lalji Margasahayam

How to answer the question: Tell me something about yourself?

How to answer the question: Tell me something about yourself? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Start with your personal information but keep it short and then move to your strong points which relates to the role that you are applying and expain how it can help the company in attaining the larger goal

Start with your personal information but keep it short and then move to your strong points which relates to the role that you are applying and expain how it can help the company in attaining the larger goal
3 months ago 
SA

3 months ago 
NB

Nitin Badesha

Dear sir, how to discuss salary in interview?

Dear sir, how to discuss salary in interview? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Don't initiate this discussion till the interviewer starts the discussion about the salary.And always match your expectation with the industry standards.

Don't initiate this discussion till the interviewer starts the discussion about the salary.And always match your expectation with the industry standards.
3 months ago 
SB

Suneel Bonjani

What do to if interviewer is arrogant and cross questions me? How to maintain calm?

What do to if interviewer is arrogant and cross questions me? How to maintain calm? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora If you feel the interviewer is arrogant,this might be because he is checking your temperament and how you react to pressure situations.So maintain your calm and try to focus on your strong points.

If you feel the interviewer is arrogant,this might be because he is checking your temperament and how you react to pressure situations.So maintain your calm and try to focus on your strong points.
3 months ago 
NC

Nitish Chandak

. Sir, I have given quite a few interviews in the last one year. No matter how much I prepare, when I enter the room, I feel nervous and fumble.

. Sir, I have given quite a few interviews in the last one year. No matter how much I prepare, when I enter the room, I feel nervous and fumble. #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora Practice Makes a Man Perfect...Just try Mock Interviews with your friends before appearing for the interviews and try to prepare for the possible questions that can be asked in the interview.It should solve your problem.

Practice Makes a Man Perfect...Just try Mock Interviews with your friends before appearing for the interviews and try to prepare for the possible questions that can be asked in the interview.It should solve your problem.
3 months ago 
K

kinshuki

how does a regular HR interview goes? What are the things i should keep in mind?

how does a regular HR interview goes? What are the things i should keep in mind? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora They try to see if you can gel with the culture of the company or not..your values match with the company values or not..how stable were you in your previous companies..reason for leaving previous organization etc..So be true to the interviewer and try to be calm

They try to see if you can gel with the culture of the company or not..your values match with the company values or not..how stable were you in your previous companies..reason for leaving previous organization etc..So be true to the interviewer and try to be calm
3 months ago 
CC

chirag Cheran

What questions am i allowed to ask the HR manager in the interview?what leads to rejection?

What questions am i allowed to ask the HR manager in the interview?what leads to rejection? #Careers-Chat
SA

Sudhanshu Arora You can always ask questions related to the offered position.You can discuss the Role,Responsibilities ,organisational structure,Career Growth Path

You can always ask questions related to the offered position.You can discuss the Role,Responsibilities ,organisational structure,Career Growth Path
3 months ago