X 
Already a User? Sign in!
Your email ID

Password
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if on shared computer)

New user?   Sign up
X 
Verify your account

You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before you can
start using it.

Your Mobile No.
+91 

Enter the code you received on sms >
Resend Code (Incase you don't get sms from us).

Note: Rediff will never share your number with any company for marketing purpose.

X 
We have sent you an email to . Please click on the link in the email to confirm your emailID.
Investment-Chat

#Investment-Chat

Post-Budget chat on investment tips with expert Ashok Kumar at 4 pm on Friday, July 12.
43 posts so far
55 others are following
370 characters

Loading ! Please wait...
Step 1 of 4 : Album created
NM

nabarun moitra

Is SBI Blue chip Fund a safe option for SIP for about 8 to 10 years?

Is SBI Blue chip Fund a safe option for SIP for about 8 to 10 years? #Investment-Chat
Posted : 4 months ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AK

Ashok Kumar

Friends, thanks for your questions. Am once again adding the disclaimer that my chat was not in the nature of a recommendation to buy hold or sell any particular mutual fund. Feel free to contact us via lkwindia.com

Friends, thanks for your questions. Am once again adding the disclaimer that my chat was not in the nature of a recommendation to buy hold or sell any particular mutual fund. Feel free to contact us via lkwindia.com #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
RT

Roshan Tiwari

What were the announcements specifically that bothered the stock market ? How does it impact Mutual Funds ? I read somewhere that Large Cap Mutual funds will be affected. What is your view and can you recommend a couple of Large Cap funds for the long term?

What were the announcements specifically that bothered the stock market ? How does it impact Mutual Funds ? I read somewhere that Large Cap Mutual funds will be affected. What is your view and can you recommend a couple of Large Cap funds for the long term? #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
NM

Nilanjan Mukherjee

I an contributing Rs.25000/- in various equity through SIP.How much amount I can expect in 8 years?

I an contributing Rs.25000/- in various equity through SIP.How much amount I can expect in 8 years? #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
BG

BHARAT GUNDU

Sir is this right to invest in mutual fund, please advice

Sir is this right to invest in mutual fund, please advice #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
RT

ramanand tiwari

How is my fund selection? I have invested in SBI Magnum Mid Cap, 70000; L&T Emerging Businesses 26000; IDFC Multi Cap 17000; Aditya Birla Sunlife frontline 106000; ICICI prudential bluechip 80000; HDFC Hybrid Equity 150000; Franklin India Short Term Income 28000; Reliance Ultra Short 22000; IDFC Bond Fund 6000.

How is my fund selection? I have invested in SBI Magnum Mid Cap, 70000; L&T Emerging Businesses 26000; IDFC Multi Cap 17000; Aditya Birla Sunlife frontline 106000; ICICI prudential bluechip 80000; HDFC Hybrid Equity 150000; Franklin India Short Term Income 28000; Reliance Ultra Short 22000; IDFC Bond Fund 6000. #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PS

PALLAV SHAH

we are invetsed in 1]MIRAE ASSET FOCUSED FUND - REGULAR PLAN - GROWTH2]INVESCO INDIA SMALL CAP FUND - REGULAR GROWTHShould we continue with the SIP in these funds or should we withdraw

we are invetsed in 1]MIRAE ASSET FOCUSED FUND - REGULAR PLAN - GROWTH2]INVESCO INDIA SMALL CAP FUND - REGULAR GROWTHShould we continue with the SIP in these funds or should we withdraw #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PS

PALLAV SHAH

We are invested in the folloowing funds.INVESCO INDIA SMALL CAP FUND - REGULAR PLAN GROWTHMIRAE ASSET FOCUSED FUND - REGULAR PLAN - GROWTHShould we continue the SIP in the same?

We are invested in the folloowing funds.INVESCO INDIA SMALL CAP FUND - REGULAR PLAN GROWTHMIRAE ASSET FOCUSED FUND - REGULAR PLAN - GROWTHShould we continue the SIP in the same? #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
JC

Jain College

i am 52 years old, want to invest 10 lakh in mutual funds till I turn 60,can you suggest me suitable funds keeping my age in consideration?

i am 52 years old, want to invest 10 lakh in mutual funds till I turn 60,can you suggest me suitable funds keeping my age in consideration? #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
RR

Rahul Raikwar

I have invested in icici value discovery fund. Should I continue or switch to some other fund?

I have invested in icici value discovery fund. Should I continue or switch to some other fund? #Investment-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
RT

Roshan Tiwari

What were the announcements specifically that bothered the stock market ? How does it impact Mutual Funds ? I read somewhere that Large Cap Mutual funds will be affected. What is your view and can you recommend a couple of Large Cap funds for the long term?

What were the announcements specifically that bothered the stock market ? How does it impact Mutual Funds ? I read somewhere that Large Cap Mutual funds will be affected. What is your view and can you recommend a couple of Large Cap funds for the long term? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar The decisions to increase public float from 25% to 35%, and the 20% Buyback tax were were two announcements in this Budget, that particularly displeased the market. The former announcement can impact large cap companies in the near term, but will increase market depth. Two Large Cap funds worth looking at are Axis Bluechip and HDFC Top 100.

#Investment-Chat

The decisions to increase public float from 25% to 35%, and the 20% Buyback tax were were two announcements in this Budget, that particularly displeased the market. The former announcement can impact large cap companies in the near term, but will increase market depth. Two Large Cap funds worth looking at are Axis Bluechip and HDFC Top 100. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
JC

Jain College

i am 52 years old, want to invest 10 lakh in mutual funds till I turn 60,can you suggest me suitable funds keeping my age in consideration?

i am 52 years old, want to invest 10 lakh in mutual funds till I turn 60,can you suggest me suitable funds keeping my age in consideration? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Given your life cycle stage, you can consider a mix of a satisfactory Hybrid Equity Fund like Mirae Asset Hybrid Equity and a pure Debt Fund like IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund.

#Investment-Chat

Given your life cycle stage, you can consider a mix of a satisfactory Hybrid Equity Fund like Mirae Asset Hybrid Equity and a pure Debt Fund like IDFC Dynamic Bond Fund. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
BA

BHAVIN A

I have ongoing SIP in IDFC Nifty Fund - Direct Plan. Please advise whether it's good for long term.

I have ongoing SIP in IDFC Nifty Fund - Direct Plan. Please advise whether it's good for long term. #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Index Funds are growing in popularity and if you have a long term perspective, should serve your purpose. However, do note that it is still widely believed that Fund Managers in developing markets like ours can still outperform the Indices.

#Investment-Chat

Index Funds are growing in popularity and if you have a long term perspective, should serve your purpose. However, do note that it is still widely believed that Fund Managers in developing markets like ours can still outperform the Indices. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
RT

ramanand tiwari

I am 39 years, have invested in SBI Magnum Mid Cap, 70000; L&T Emerging Businesses 26000; IDFC Multi Cap 17000; Aditya Birla Sunlife frontline 106000; ICICI prudential bluechip 80000; HDFC Hybrid Equity 150000; Franklin India Short Term Income 28000; Reliance Ultra Short 22000; IDFC Bond Fund 6000. I can spare 80000 monthly, What SIP allocation should I follow?

I am 39 years, have invested in SBI Magnum Mid Cap, 70000; L&T Emerging Businesses 26000; IDFC Multi Cap 17000; Aditya Birla Sunlife frontline 106000; ICICI prudential bluechip 80000; HDFC Hybrid Equity 150000; Franklin India Short Term Income 28000; Reliance Ultra Short 22000; IDFC Bond Fund 6000. I can spare 80000 monthly, What SIP allocation should I follow? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Some good long term performing funds that you can consider selecting from for allocation are Axis Growth Opportunities, Invesco Contra, Tata Mid Cap, Principal Emerging Bluechip.

#Investment-Chat

Some good long term performing funds that you can consider selecting from for allocation are Axis Growth Opportunities, Invesco Contra, Tata Mid Cap, Principal Emerging Bluechip. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
FGSI

Firozabad Glass Shell Ind.

I am from last 5 years investing through monthly SIP in following funds:-- Aditya Birla Equity Growth- Frankling Indian Focused equity Gr (earlier High growth)- ICIC Pru value discover Growth- Canara robeco emerging equities Growth- Reliance small cap Growth- HDFC Hybrid equity-G (earlier Balanced)I would like to know if any changes are needed.

I am from last 5 years investing through monthly SIP in following funds:-- Aditya Birla Equity Growth- Frankling Indian Focused equity Gr (earlier High growth)- ICIC Pru value discover Growth- Canara robeco emerging equities Growth- Reliance small cap Growth- HDFC Hybrid equity-G (earlier Balanced)I would like to know if any changes are needed. #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar We would prefer Kotak Standard Multicap over Aditya Birla Equity and L&T India Value over ICICI Prudential Value Discovery. The rest of your holdings seem quite satisfactory.

#Investment-Chat

We would prefer Kotak Standard Multicap over Aditya Birla Equity and L&T India Value over ICICI Prudential Value Discovery. The rest of your holdings seem quite satisfactory. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
SS

Sujit Sahoo

Franklin India Focused Equity Fund - G 2,500HDFC Hybrid Equity fund 4,000ICICI Pru EQUITY AND DEBT FUND - G 4,000Is it good portfolio fto invest or next 5 years ?

Franklin India Focused Equity Fund - G 2,500HDFC Hybrid Equity fund 4,000ICICI Pru EQUITY AND DEBT FUND - G 4,000Is it good portfolio fto invest or next 5 years ? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Your fund selection is satisfactory. The selection of two hybrid funds both of which have a good long term track record suggests that whereas you are investing in equity you also seek the cushion of some inbuilt debt in your portfolio without losing the equity tax advantage.

#Investment-Chat

Your fund selection is satisfactory. The selection of two hybrid funds both of which have a good long term track record suggests that whereas you are investing in equity you also seek the cushion of some inbuilt debt in your portfolio without losing the equity tax advantage. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
SN

Seema Naik

What is your outlook on Credit Risk Funds after all the recent problems and which AMC would you recommend to debt mutual fund investors ?

What is your outlook on Credit Risk Funds after all the recent problems and which AMC would you recommend to debt mutual fund investors ? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar As the name suggest, Credit risk Funds carry credit risk and any investor putting their money into such funds should be aware of the same. While I have no recommendations of better or worse AMCs in the debt space, IDFC and Canara Robeco are seen to be holding paper carrying relatively lesser risk.

#Investment-Chat

As the name suggest, Credit risk Funds carry credit risk and any investor putting their money into such funds should be aware of the same. While I have no recommendations of better or worse AMCs in the debt space, IDFC and Canara Robeco are seen to be holding paper carrying relatively lesser risk. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
A

ayush

Do you think index fund would perform better than the managed fund? if yes, suggest some.

Do you think index fund would perform better than the managed fund? if yes, suggest some. #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Though Index Funds & ETFs are becoming popular in India like overseas, there is still a belief that a Fund Manager can still outperform in a developing market like ours. HDFC Index Fund Nifty 50 Plan & ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 Index Fund merit attention.

#Investment-Chat

Though Index Funds & ETFs are becoming popular in India like overseas, there is still a belief that a Fund Manager can still outperform in a developing market like ours. HDFC Index Fund Nifty 50 Plan & ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 Index Fund merit attention. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
RC

Robin choudhary

shall i hols AXIS MIDCAP FUND & AXIS BLUECHIP FUND for a priod of 15 years

shall i hols AXIS MIDCAP FUND & AXIS BLUECHIP FUND for a priod of 15 years #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar Both the funds are satisfactory performers in their respective categories and if they match your risk profile and goal, they can be held. Congratulations on your holding time frame as it would provide you adequate time to get the complete benefit of compounding.

#Investment-Chat

Both the funds are satisfactory performers in their respective categories and if they match your risk profile and goal, they can be held. Congratulations on your holding time frame as it would provide you adequate time to get the complete benefit of compounding. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
KB

Krystal Brown

My Adviser has recommended the following Equity Funds formy Portfolio – Edelweiss Multi Cap, Principal Emerging Bluechip, Tata Mid Cap, Canara Hybrid Equity & Invesco Contra. Please advise if these suggestions are good how long should I hold thesefunds ?

My Adviser has recommended the following Equity Funds formy Portfolio – Edelweiss Multi Cap, Principal Emerging Bluechip, Tata Mid Cap, Canara Hybrid Equity & Invesco Contra. Please advise if these suggestions are good how long should I hold thesefunds ? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar The funds suggested to you are satisfactory performers in their respective categories and I would have no objection to your holding it for the long term (minimum 5-7 years) so that you get the benefit of compounding.

#Investment-Chat

The funds suggested to you are satisfactory performers in their respective categories and I would have no objection to your holding it for the long term (minimum 5-7 years) so that you get the benefit of compounding. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
JS

Jaspreet Shah

What expectations of the Markets were not met ? Did you personally expect them ? Can you recommend a few good funds from the Large & Mid Cap category and Multi Cap category ?

What expectations of the Markets were not met ? Did you personally expect them ? Can you recommend a few good funds from the Large & Mid Cap category and Multi Cap category ? #Investment-Chat
AK

Ashok Kumar The treble taxation of dividends and non-withdrawal of Long Term Capital Gains on Equity Investments as well as the far more lucrative Securities Transaction Tax (STT) has been a serious sentiment dampener. There was a justifiable expectation that this anomaly might be addressed, but it too was not.

#Investment-Chat

The treble taxation of dividends and non-withdrawal of Long Term Capital Gains on Equity Investments as well as the far more lucrative Securities Transaction Tax (STT) has been a serious sentiment dampener. There was a justifiable expectation that this anomaly might be addressed, but it too was not. #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
AK

Ashok Kumar A couple of funds we prefer from the Large & Mid Cap category are Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip & Axis Growth Opportunities, while in the Multi Cap category it is Kotak Standard Multi Cap & Reliance Multi Cap

#Investment-Chat

A couple of funds we prefer from the Large & Mid Cap category are Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip & Axis Growth Opportunities, while in the Multi Cap category it is Kotak Standard Multi Cap & Reliance Multi Cap #Investment-Chat
4 months ago 
AK

Ashok Kumar

Good evening friends. This is Ashok Kumar from LKW Investment Advisers. Please note that some of the funds we will discuss today may be those we have invested in and also our clients.

Good evening friends. This is Ashok Kumar from LKW Investment Advisers. Please note that some of the funds we will discuss today may be those we have invested in and also our clients. #Investment-Chat
V

vijay Good evening Sir

#Investment-Chat

Good evening Sir #Investment-Chat
4 months ago