X 
Already a User? Sign in!
Your email ID

Password
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if on shared computer)

New user?   Sign up
X 
Verify your account

You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before you can
start using it.

Your Mobile No.
+91 

Enter the code you received on sms >
Resend Code (Incase you don't get sms from us).

Note: Rediff will never share your number with any company for marketing purpose.

X 
We have sent you an email to . Please click on the link in the email to confirm your emailID.
Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat

#Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat

The celebrity fitness trainer will take your questions at 3pm today.
188 posts so far
116 others are following
370 characters

Loading ! Please wait...
Step 1 of 4 : Album created
C

Chandrashekhar

What is the best diet for fit body?

What is the best diet for fit body? #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
Posted : 4 months ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PM

Prashanth Marar

Hello Madam,I am from Hyderabad my height is 6ft 2 inch i am more than 100kg. My working style is i sit and work and because of this i am putting on weight. Can you tell me some exercise where i can reduce my weight and also tell me how to get going with exercise because i find it difficult to push myself and go to do exercise.

Hello Madam,I am from Hyderabad my height is 6ft 2 inch i am more than 100kg. My working style is i sit and work and because of this i am putting on weight. Can you tell me some exercise where i can reduce my weight and also tell me how to get going with exercise because i find it difficult to push myself and go to do exercise. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
P

poonam

Hi rujuta, Wanted to know people who are highly myopic(with weak retina) should go for heavy weight lifting(if yes, upto what kgs)?

Hi rujuta, Wanted to know people who are highly myopic(with weak retina) should go for heavy weight lifting(if yes, upto what kgs)? #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AM

Ann Mary

Can u pls suggrst a good whey protein brand Nd wht would be the price range of a good one... just dont want to be fooled by the imported ones which r marketed in malls

Can u pls suggrst a good whey protein brand Nd wht would be the price range of a good one... just dont want to be fooled by the imported ones which r marketed in malls #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
AM

Ann Mary

[SKB] Hey My name is VS and I am 5'4'' and 53 years old I have had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and I have hypothyroidism and am on eltroxin 75mgs per day and My sugar levels fasting are 125 and Hb1ac profile is 6.4 My weight is 68 kgs which has never ever been like that except for the last one year Earlier it was 61 I do yoga 5 times a week HELP to lose

[SKB] Hey My name is VS and I am 5'4'' and 53 years old I have had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and I have hypothyroidism and am on eltroxin 75mgs per day and My sugar levels fasting are 125 and Hb1ac profile is 6.4 My weight is 68 kgs which has never ever been like that except for the last one year Earlier it was 61 I do yoga 5 times a week HELP to lose #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
V

VANITA

Hey My name is VS and I am 5'4'' and 53 years old I have had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and I have hypothyroidism and am on eltroxin 75mgs per day and My sugar levels fasting are 125 and Hb1ac profile is 6.4 My weight is 68 kgs which has never ever been like that except for the last one year Earlier it was 61 I do yoga 5 times a week HELP to lose

Hey My name is VS and I am 5'4'' and 53 years old I have had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and I have hypothyroidism and am on eltroxin 75mgs per day and My sugar levels fasting are 125 and Hb1ac profile is 6.4 My weight is 68 kgs which has never ever been like that except for the last one year Earlier it was 61 I do yoga 5 times a week HELP to lose #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PP

prasad pendharkar

Rujuta,I am chatting from my hubbys email id , kindly respondpp

Rujuta,I am chatting from my hubbys email id , kindly respondpp #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
S

Sulochana

I am normal weight but looks like the belly fat and hip fat does not go away - it looks pretty awkward. I am 34 yrs old and 5'5" in height. It would be great if you could kindly advise if there is any food I must avoid. Appreciate your kind response.

I am normal weight but looks like the belly fat and hip fat does not go away - it looks pretty awkward. I am 34 yrs old and 5'5" in height. It would be great if you could kindly advise if there is any food I must avoid. Appreciate your kind response. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
KK

kiran kashyap

Hi ruthuja ,need to reduce lower abs plz suggest some veg diet and exercise

Hi ruthuja ,need to reduce lower abs plz suggest some veg diet and exercise #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
PP

prasad pendharkar

Rujuta,Hi I am Padmaja 38 years , Weight 86 Kg, fat on belly, legs. would like to shed the same , is areobics in morning 1 hour, eveng walk of 30 minutes, & yoga will help me to reduce it.kindly adviseppendharkar

Rujuta,Hi I am Padmaja 38 years , Weight 86 Kg, fat on belly, legs. would like to shed the same , is areobics in morning 1 hour, eveng walk of 30 minutes, & yoga will help me to reduce it.kindly adviseppendharkar #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
R

rujutadiwekar

Thanks so much everyone. You have been very patient and asked really interesting questions. All the best with eating right and working out. Would love to be updated on your progress. You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook to stay in touch and receive daily tips and updates on free Open day interactions. Thanks again.

Thanks so much everyone. You have been very patient and asked really interesting questions. All the best with eating right and working out. Would love to be updated on your progress. You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook to stay in touch and receive daily tips and updates on free Open day interactions. Thanks again. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
  (11 replies ) View more
PT

Preity Thomas Thanks a ton Rujuta! I got the answer to my long standing question. Your answer is life- transforming

Thanks a ton Rujuta! I got the answer to my long standing question. Your answer is life- transforming
4 months ago 
PT

Preity Thomas Thanks a ton Rujuta! I got the answer to my long standing question. Your answer is life- transforming

Thanks a ton Rujuta! I got the answer to my long standing question. Your answer is life- transforming
4 months ago 
PT

4 months ago 
ND

None Done

When are you planning to take seminar in Pune. ? We are waiting :)

When are you planning to take seminar in Pune. ? We are waiting :) #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar just did yesterday.

just did yesterday.
4 months ago 
ND

None Done :(

:(
4 months ago 
ND

None Done :(

:(
4 months ago 
BHS

Bittu Hitesh Shah

Hi Rujuta I am 27 years and my height is 6 inches and my weight is around 85 kgs i am going to get married by early next year and i want to reduce my weight by about 10 to 12 kgs and get my body in shape. Please guide me a proper diet and fitness regime to follow.

Hi Rujuta I am 27 years and my height is 6 inches and my weight is around 85 kgs i am going to get married by early next year and i want to reduce my weight by about 10 to 12 kgs and get my body in shape. Please guide me a proper diet and fitness regime to follow. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Read dont lose out workout and follow the workout plan for achieving a good body composition.

Read dont lose out workout and follow the workout plan for achieving a good body composition.
4 months ago 
JJ

jyoti joshi

I am in mid 30s. My weight to height ratio is appropriate. But after my first delivery (8 yrs back) I did not do any exercise to reduce the tummy. Is it possible to try it now and reduce it.

I am in mid 30s. My weight to height ratio is appropriate. But after my first delivery (8 yrs back) I did not do any exercise to reduce the tummy. Is it possible to try it now and reduce it. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar You can lose it anytime you want with a good lifestyle - even 8 years later you can lose it. So why not just do it now?

You can lose it anytime you want with a good lifestyle - even 8 years later you can lose it. So why not just do it now?
4 months ago 
R

Ram

Dear Ruji.....im ur greatest fan...read ur two books...infact i recommend everyone to read.....i jog daily for 4-5 kms and do some exercise...unable to bring shape....my tummy also not reducing...wat to do

Dear Ruji.....im ur greatest fan...read ur two books...infact i recommend everyone to read.....i jog daily for 4-5 kms and do some exercise...unable to bring shape....my tummy also not reducing...wat to do #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar thanks Ram, Now read Dont lose out, Workout and recommend that to everyone too.

thanks Ram, Now read Dont lose out, Workout and recommend that to everyone too.
4 months ago 
R

Ram Yes sure....infact i hv gifted ur books to three of my friends.....

Yes sure....infact i hv gifted ur books to three of my friends.....
4 months ago 
CK

chaitali kalra

[SKB] hi Rujuta, im 23 and 5'4.5".im 88kg.i have been to gym.have reduced inch wise but nothing effects my weight.i hv light dinner generally before 8.i dont eat packed stuff.sometime i do but its like hardly.plz help me wat shud i do?in gym i do 15-20min cardio then weight training nd sometime aerobics too.

[SKB] hi Rujuta, im 23 and 5'4.5".im 88kg.i have been to gym.have reduced inch wise but nothing effects my weight.i hv light dinner generally before 8.i dont eat packed stuff.sometime i do but its like hardly.plz help me wat shud i do?in gym i do 15-20min cardio then weight training nd sometime aerobics too.
  (5 replies ) View more
CK

chaitali kalra cud you plz help a bit...like how shud i plan...plz...im really worried now.. :( plzzzz...nd how to reduce my thigh fat..

cud you plz help a bit...like how shud i plan...plz...im really worried now.. :( plzzzz...nd how to reduce my thigh fat..
4 months ago 
CK

chaitali kalra please rujuta...plz help me.....i really need you kind advice..plz

please rujuta...plz help me.....i really need you kind advice..plz
4 months ago 
CK

chaitali kalra plz reply....plzzzzzzz :( i need ur advice

plz reply....plzzzzzzz :( i need ur advice
4 months ago 
SG

Sanjay Goyal

My son is 15 years and is weighing 88 Kg, not much of physical exercise, his height is 5.7. What does he need to do, go on diet and exercise or just give up some high cal junk and some regular sports, or a rigorous fitness regime

My son is 15 years and is weighing 88 Kg, not much of physical exercise, his height is 5.7. What does he need to do, go on diet and exercise or just give up some high cal junk and some regular sports, or a rigorous fitness regime #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Everything - get him active, sign him up for a sport, encourage him to eat homecooked, cut donw on expenditure on junk food. But remember that he is just a child and the way parents eat is a big influence. IF you wont adopt a healthier lifestyle, then lecturing him on having one wont work.

Everything - get him active, sign him up for a sport, encourage him to eat homecooked, cut donw on expenditure on junk food. But remember that he is just a child and the way parents eat is a big influence. IF you wont adopt a healthier lifestyle, then lecturing him on having one wont work.
4 months ago 
C

Chandrashekhar

What can i don for fresh face?

What can i don for fresh face? #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar with good sleep.

with good sleep.
4 months ago 
RG

Ramlal Ghunavat

hi, is it ok if i take vit e, c and b compl along with my thyroid tablet.

hi, is it ok if i take vit e, c and b compl along with my thyroid tablet. #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar no, take them separate.

no, take them separate.
4 months ago 
DP

Divya P

During squats, is it ok to cross my knees over the toes? that is the normal posture to take a dump also na, then why do gym instructors say dont do that?

During squats, is it ok to cross my knees over the toes? that is the normal posture to take a dump also na, then why do gym instructors say dont do that? #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar They can totally cross but toes, knees and ankle should all be in one line.

They can totally cross but toes, knees and ankle should all be in one line.
4 months ago 
DP

Divya P Awesome! Thanks RD..god 's gift u r :)

Awesome! Thanks RD..god 's gift u r :)
4 months ago 
PJ

Prajakta Jadhav

Hi Rujuta, I’m IT professional, age 32. My lifestyle is tht I sit @7hrs/day in office for work. Also I hv to travel @40km daily on my 2 wheeler which make me tire. Pls suggest me some exercise and diet for fitness.. Though I started preferring homemade food after reading ur books

Hi Rujuta, I’m IT professional, age 32. My lifestyle is tht I sit @7hrs/day in office for work. Also I hv to travel @40km daily on my 2 wheeler which make me tire. Pls suggest me some exercise and diet for fitness.. Though I started preferring homemade food after reading ur books #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Thats great Prajakta. Working girls need to make extra time to workout. Read dont lose out workout so that you learn how to optimally workout and plan your routine.

Thats great Prajakta. Working girls need to make extra time to workout. Read dont lose out workout so that you learn how to optimally workout and plan your routine.
4 months ago 
IA

Ira Aggarwal

What should be done to get rid of cellulite and water retention. I drink around 3 litres of water a day and eat according to your books. By the way, keep up your great work!!!

What should be done to get rid of cellulite and water retention. I drink around 3 litres of water a day and eat according to your books. By the way, keep up your great work!!! #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Iyengar yoga. Thanks. glad you like the books.

Iyengar yoga. Thanks. glad you like the books.
4 months ago 
IA

Ira Aggarwal Thanks a lot for your reply. Can i do it in the evening as I dont get time in the morning?

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can i do it in the evening as I dont get time in the morning?
4 months ago 
MW

mansukh walia

hi rujuta, i suffer from tennis elbow, with no cure as of now, i hve shown it to 2-3 doctors, but non was able to cure it. which excercise should i do get rid of this problem

hi rujuta, i suffer from tennis elbow, with no cure as of now, i hve shown it to 2-3 doctors, but non was able to cure it. which excercise should i do get rid of this problem #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Strength training exercises along with Therpay Iyengar yoga class will work wonders. Tennis elbow is no big deal if you follow a good workout rouitne.

Strength training exercises along with Therpay Iyengar yoga class will work wonders. Tennis elbow is no big deal if you follow a good workout rouitne.
4 months ago 
P

prachi

hi..i am 34 year female.i follow your eating habits to the T...but for the last 5 months have a bloated stomach on and off. Have done CT scans, sonography. everything is normal. Doctors have given me medicines which reduces the bloating temporary. Please suggest

hi..i am 34 year female.i follow your eating habits to the T...but for the last 5 months have a bloated stomach on and off. Have done CT scans, sonography. everything is normal. Doctors have given me medicines which reduces the bloating temporary. Please suggest #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar Take a vitamin B supplement and focus on good restoratvie sleep. Distubed or poor sleep is a big contributor to bloating.

Take a vitamin B supplement and focus on good restoratvie sleep. Distubed or poor sleep is a big contributor to bloating.
4 months ago 
BB

bhavesh bhandurge

Is sugar important for body if yes how much is the ideal quantity per day

Is sugar important for body if yes how much is the ideal quantity per day #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar yes, in small quantities not in forms of cakes, pizzas and paastries:)

yes, in small quantities not in forms of cakes, pizzas and paastries:)
4 months ago 
K

krati

Hi Rujuta, I have joined a gym which has special program for women, they follow most of your principles & I like them. Here they have circuit training which is 40 secs of weight training alternated by 40 secs of aerobics, i have started feeling active after this, just want to know its right or not :)

Hi Rujuta, I have joined a gym which has special program for women, they follow most of your principles & I like them. Here they have circuit training which is 40 secs of weight training alternated by 40 secs of aerobics, i have started feeling active after this, just want to know its right or not :) #Rujuta-Diwekar-Chat
R

rujutadiwekar you are feeling good na? thats all that matters. All the best.

you are feeling good na? thats all that matters. All the best.
4 months ago 
K

krati Cool, Thanks a lot for answering :) One more query, i have started taking my thyroid medicine at night before i goto sleep (after 3,4 hours break of eating anything) it makes me feel more active, is this ok or there might be side effects? Thanks again for answering :)

Cool, Thanks a lot for answering :) One more query, i have started taking my thyroid medicine at night before i goto sleep (after 3,4 hours break of eating anything) it makes me feel more active, is this ok or there might be side effects? Thanks again for answering :)
4 months ago