X 
Already a User? Sign in!
Your email ID

Password
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if on shared computer)

New user?   Sign up
X 
Verify your account

You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before you can
start using it.

Your Mobile No.
+91 

Enter the code you received on sms >
Resend Code (Incase you don't get sms from us).

Note: Rediff will never share your number with any company for marketing purpose.

X 
We have sent you an email to . Please click on the link in the email to confirm your emailID.
Study-Abroad

#Study-Abroad

Chat@3 with NSS Chandra who will take your questions on overseas education in the US
1829 posts so far
255 others are following
380 characters

Loading ! Please wait...
Step 1 of 4 : Album created
J

Jose

Sir,What is the equivalent to IAS in Canada/USA?. I am in 11th grade and quite interested in Public administration. How should I prepare for that career?.

Sir,What is the equivalent to IAS in Canada/USA?. I am in 11th grade and quite interested in Public administration. How should I prepare for that career?. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 5 days ago  Last updated : 4 days ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse

NNS Chandra

Hello All. Good afternoon. It is getting colder by day here in North America. How is it in India? I am hearing a lot on air quality and debates on them. Interesting.Anyway we will start in next few minutes.NNS

Hello All. Good afternoon. It is getting colder by day here in North America. How is it in India? I am hearing a lot on air quality and debates on them. Interesting.Anyway we will start in next few minutes.NNS #Study-Abroad
Posted : 4 days ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse

NNS Chandra

I think I am done with most of questions. I will continue to answer as it comes. I need to start preparing for my day here in Ottawa. Major sessions. Lunch with parliamentarians. Need to prepare. This week I had opportunity to discuss about international students with Speaker, cabinet ministers, parliamentarians. Share my experiences. Will keep updating

I think I am done with most of questions. I will continue to answer as it comes. I need to start preparing for my day here in Ottawa. Major sessions. Lunch with parliamentarians. Need to prepare. This week I had opportunity to discuss about international students with Speaker, cabinet ministers, parliamentarians. Share my experiences. Will keep updating #Study-Abroad
Posted : 1 week ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
F

Fernadaz

I am writing for my nephew. He is a good artist. Many talents. Done shows exhibitions. He finished high school and now doing English BA. His parents want him to travel to USA and do some courses, shorter. We are even ready to support him for a long course also. What will you recommend? We can set up a call with him if that is they way. Please inform us how to move forward

I am writing for my nephew. He is a good artist. Many talents. Done shows exhibitions. He finished high school and now doing English BA. His parents want him to travel to USA and do some courses, shorter. We are even ready to support him for a long course also. What will you recommend? We can set up a call with him if that is they way. Please inform us how to move forward #Study-Abroad
Posted : 3 weeks ago  Last updated : 1 week ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
J

Joy

My Chandra – I finished BCom. My got admission and started my masters. Can I pursue a masters in business administration, online (in USA) along with my Mcom? Your reply and guidance will help me in future.

My Chandra – I finished BCom. My got admission and started my masters. Can I pursue a masters in business administration, online (in USA) along with my Mcom? Your reply and guidance will help me in future. #Study-Abroad
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
S

Sam

Dear Sir, I am in fifth semester of engineering program. How is the job situation in USA? Is it advisable to consider USA for my masters studies?

Dear Sir, I am in fifth semester of engineering program. How is the job situation in USA? Is it advisable to consider USA for my masters studies? #Study-Abroad
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse

NNS Chandra

Hi All,How are you all?Will start in next hour or so.I'm in Ottawa, Canada. Attending Teachers Institute in Canadian Parliament on democracy. But excited to be with you all. Looking forward for our conversation. NNS

Hi All,How are you all?Will start in next hour or so.I'm in Ottawa, Canada. Attending Teachers Institute in Canadian Parliament on democracy. But excited to be with you all. Looking forward for our conversation. NNS #Study-Abroad
Posted : 1 week ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
NB

Nancy Bhatia

Sir, I found your chat sessions quite interesting and useful. I have a daughter 12th grade and a son 8th grade DPS School CBSE. They may or may not go abroad to study. But I want to prepare them for University. How can you work with you to get it don?.

Sir, I found your chat sessions quite interesting and useful. I have a daughter 12th grade and a son 8th grade DPS School CBSE. They may or may not go abroad to study. But I want to prepare them for University. How can you work with you to get it don?. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 3 weeks ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse

NNS Chandra

Hello All - Good AfternoonFriday and our Live Chat.Let us cut the chase and start.NNS

Hello All - Good AfternoonFriday and our Live Chat.Let us cut the chase and start.NNS #Study-Abroad
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
A

Aryan

Sir, How do you rate IITs when compared with universities in USA? I am applying to MS programs and getting confused about ranking systems. How can you guide me?

Sir, How do you rate IITs when compared with universities in USA? I am applying to MS programs and getting confused about ranking systems. How can you guide me? #Study-Abroad
Posted : 1 month ago
  - Sab ko Bol
  - Report Abuse
J

Jose

Sir,What is the equivalent to IAS in Canada/USA?. I am in 11th grade and quite interested in Public administration. How should I prepare for that career?.

Sir,What is the equivalent to IAS in Canada/USA?. I am in 11th grade and quite interested in Public administration. How should I prepare for that career?. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 5 days ago  Last updated : 4 days ago

NNS Chandra Great Question Jose. Appreciate.

#Study-Abroad

Great Question Jose. Appreciate. #Study-Abroad
4 days ago 

NNS Chandra United States Civil Service Commission. The United States Civil Service Commission was a government agency of the federal government of the United States and was created to select employees of federal government on merit rather than relationships.

#Study-Abroad

United States Civil Service Commission. The United States Civil Service Commission was a government agency of the federal government of the United States and was created to select employees of federal government on merit rather than relationships. #Study-Abroad
4 days ago 

NNS Chandra The Public Service of Canada (known as the Civil Service of Canada prior to 1967) is the civil service of the Government of Canada. Its function is to serve as the staff of the Canadian Crown.

#Study-Abroad

The Public Service of Canada (known as the Civil Service of Canada prior to 1967) is the civil service of the Government of Canada. Its function is to serve as the staff of the Canadian Crown. #Study-Abroad
4 days ago 
F

Fernadaz

I am writing for my nephew. He is a good artist. Many talents. Done shows exhibitions. He finished high school and now doing English BA. His parents want him to travel to USA and do some courses, shorter. We are even ready to support him for a long course also. What will you recommend? We can set up a call with him if that is they way. Please inform us how to move forward

I am writing for my nephew. He is a good artist. Many talents. Done shows exhibitions. He finished high school and now doing English BA. His parents want him to travel to USA and do some courses, shorter. We are even ready to support him for a long course also. What will you recommend? We can set up a call with him if that is they way. Please inform us how to move forward #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Great Mr Fernadaz. Appreciate your interest. I would love to talk to your nephew. I am in Ottawa now attending a major event in Teachers Institute in Canadian Parliament. Please write to my office editor @ tiges . ca to set up a call after 22nd Nov. I can call, probably. Convey my best to your nephew.

#Study-Abroad

Great Mr Fernadaz. Appreciate your interest. I would love to talk to your nephew. I am in Ottawa now attending a major event in Teachers Institute in Canadian Parliament. Please write to my office editor @ tiges . ca to set up a call after 22nd Nov. I can call, probably. Convey my best to your nephew. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 
J

Joy

My Chandra – I finished BCom. My got admission and started my masters. Can I pursue a masters in business administration, online (in USA) along with my Mcom? Your reply and guidance will help me in future.

My Chandra – I finished BCom. My got admission and started my masters. Can I pursue a masters in business administration, online (in USA) along with my Mcom? Your reply and guidance will help me in future. #Study-Abroad
  (4 replies ) View more

NNS Chandra Hi Joy, I did not understand your question in full. You want to do an online MBA along with your Mcom in an Indian university, right? Technically and ethically, you should not and cannot. As a student you can only do one university course (full time) at a time. Masters etc.

#Study-Abroad

Hi Joy, I did not understand your question in full. You want to do an online MBA along with your Mcom in an Indian university, right? Technically and ethically, you should not and cannot. As a student you can only do one university course (full time) at a time. Masters etc. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 

NNS Chandra Typically (for example when you joined MCom you were asked to surrender your bachelors degree to your university, correct) idea is one full time academic course at a time at the university.

#Study-Abroad

Typically (for example when you joined MCom you were asked to surrender your bachelors degree to your university, correct) idea is one full time academic course at a time at the university. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 

NNS Chandra There are several work around for that. Part time is one way. Different countries is another. But the question for you would be can you cope up with two masters together.

#Study-Abroad

There are several work around for that. Part time is one way. Different countries is another. But the question for you would be can you cope up with two masters together. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 
S

Sam

Dear Sir, I am in fifth semester of engineering program. How is the job situation in USA? Is it advisable to consider USA for my masters studies?

Dear Sir, I am in fifth semester of engineering program. How is the job situation in USA? Is it advisable to consider USA for my masters studies? #Study-Abroad
  (5 replies ) View more

NNS Chandra There are political and emotional challenges, of-course.

#Study-Abroad

There are political and emotional challenges, of-course. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 

NNS Chandra How will all these get converted positive for international students looking to join American Workforce after their studies? I see strong possibilities.

#Study-Abroad

How will all these get converted positive for international students looking to join American Workforce after their studies? I see strong possibilities. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 

NNS Chandra I would recommend your masters in USA. But do prepare well (culturally, emotionally) a simple education may not be enough, you need to be culturally competent to succeed in the new globalized world.

#Study-Abroad

I would recommend your masters in USA. But do prepare well (culturally, emotionally) a simple education may not be enough, you need to be culturally competent to succeed in the new globalized world. #Study-Abroad
1 week ago 
NB

Nancy Bhatia

Sir, I found your chat sessions quite interesting and useful. I have a daughter 12th grade and a son 8th grade DPS School CBSE. They may or may not go abroad to study. But I want to prepare them for University. How can you work with you to get it don?.

Sir, I found your chat sessions quite interesting and useful. I have a daughter 12th grade and a son 8th grade DPS School CBSE. They may or may not go abroad to study. But I want to prepare them for University. How can you work with you to get it don?. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hello Bhatia, I am glad you are preparing them for university. I would recommend to begin by reading some general work on university prep. You could brouse some of my works also. In India media. Once you have some understanding you can reach back to me at editor @ tiges . ca All the best.

#Study-Abroad

Hello Bhatia, I am glad you are preparing them for university. I would recommend to begin by reading some general work on university prep. You could brouse some of my works also. In India media. Once you have some understanding you can reach back to me at editor @ tiges . ca All the best. #Study-Abroad
3 weeks ago 
SN

Sapna Nayak Update - http://rediff.ly/7itg2

Update -
3 weeks ago 
A

Aryan

Sir, How do you rate IITs when compared with universities in USA? I am applying to MS programs and getting confused about ranking systems. How can you guide me?

Sir, How do you rate IITs when compared with universities in USA? I am applying to MS programs and getting confused about ranking systems. How can you guide me? #Study-Abroad
  (4 replies ) View more

NNS Chandra They both measure the performance of universities using a range of indicators, which are then combined into an overall score. This score is used to determine the rank.

#Study-Abroad

They both measure the performance of universities using a range of indicators, which are then combined into an overall score. This score is used to determine the rank. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra IITs and IISc ranks top among technical institutes around the world.

#Study-Abroad

IITs and IISc ranks top among technical institutes around the world. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra In my opinion, IITs and IIsc and most central universities from India are highly regarded and respected when it comes to teaching or learning. I agree we are a bit challenged when it comes to research, patents and findings. That also is fast changing with government is showing willingness to invest and so are industry.

#Study-Abroad

In my opinion, IITs and IIsc and most central universities from India are highly regarded and respected when it comes to teaching or learning. I agree we are a bit challenged when it comes to research, patents and findings. That also is fast changing with government is showing willingness to invest and so are industry. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
C

Cathylin

Mr. Chandra, I am grad student with UOI. I would like to work in India for few months related to my research. Can you guide me to an institution in India or an organization?

Mr. Chandra, I am grad student with UOI. I would like to work in India for few months related to my research. Can you guide me to an institution in India or an organization? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Great Cathy. Appreciate your interest. Working in India would be a wonderful experience. On your specific question I need to check and get back. Please email me your requirements.

#Study-Abroad

Great Cathy. Appreciate your interest. Working in India would be a wonderful experience. On your specific question I need to check and get back. Please email me your requirements. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
SN

Shreddha Naik

Respected Sir,I read through your answers. I am now more clear. Can you recommend any reference materials?

Respected Sir,I read through your answers. I am now more clear. Can you recommend any reference materials? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra I am glad Ms Naik. I am writing a book on the same, should be out by Dec 10th. But tons of materials are available. From academic research to news paper articles on the subject. I could email you some links.

#Study-Abroad

I am glad Ms Naik. I am writing a book on the same, should be out by Dec 10th. But tons of materials are available. From academic research to news paper articles on the subject. I could email you some links. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
S

Shreya

How can I register my students for American Math Contests? What is the cost? Are there any training available for teachers?

How can I register my students for American Math Contests? What is the cost? Are there any training available for teachers? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Shreya - You can register with TLPS India. Email them.

#Study-Abroad

Shreya - You can register with TLPS India. Email them. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra I think the contest fee is 10 $. But there can be additional fees for proctoring and couriering etc. Check out with TLPS officers.

#Study-Abroad

I think the contest fee is 10 $. But there can be additional fees for proctoring and couriering etc. Check out with TLPS officers. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra MAA does support teachers a lot. We have manuals, journals, even have limited funds. What exact support are you looking at?

#Study-Abroad

MAA does support teachers a lot. We have manuals, journals, even have limited funds. What exact support are you looking at? #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
J

Jayasri

Thank you sir for introducing me to business design concept. I went through google and read about it. Do you know whether there are courses available on this are?

Thank you sir for introducing me to business design concept. I went through google and read about it. Do you know whether there are courses available on this are? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Jayasri,Check out University Toronto and get in touch with Prof Martin. He is an authority in this area. Check out his book also. Google Roger Martin.

#Study-Abroad

Hi Jayasri,Check out University Toronto and get in touch with Prof Martin. He is an authority in this area. Check out his book also. Google Roger Martin. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
YY

Yogesh Yadav

Sir, What do you mean my academic challenges? Can you explain that?

Sir, What do you mean my academic challenges? Can you explain that? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Yogesh,By academic challenges, I meant any contests (for example AMC or SIN), exams (example - computer science exams) or competitions (like world historian essay writing competitions).

#Study-Abroad

Hi Yogesh,By academic challenges, I meant any contests (for example AMC or SIN), exams (example - computer science exams) or competitions (like world historian essay writing competitions). #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
R

Ravindra

Sir, My only daughter qualified in NEET-17. Rank is quite low. Any expectation for MBBS in Govt.Inst. Else, Continuation B.Sc-Bio-Tech is advisable & institutes Home / abroad.

Sir, My only daughter qualified in NEET-17. Rank is quite low. Any expectation for MBBS in Govt.Inst. Else, Continuation B.Sc-Bio-Tech is advisable & institutes Home / abroad. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 5 months ago  Last updated : 1 month ago

NNS Chandra Dear Ravindra, Yes. Bachelor courses/programs are available in bio-sciences and technology. If you are considering US Universities I would encourage you to pay attention to Mid West. Universities like U Chicago to Purdue or Indiana.

#Study-Abroad

Dear Ravindra, Yes. Bachelor courses/programs are available in bio-sciences and technology. If you are considering US Universities I would encourage you to pay attention to Mid West. Universities like U Chicago to Purdue or Indiana. #Study-Abroad
5 months ago 
R

Ravindra Thank You sir. May I keep touch with in future

Thank You sir. May I keep touch with in future
1 month ago 
SN

Shreddha Naik

Sir, I heard you talk a lot about university prep? What is that?

Sir, I heard you talk a lot about university prep? What is that? #Study-Abroad
  (5 replies ) View more

NNS Chandra In theory, of course, every high school should prepare students for college,

#Study-Abroad

In theory, of course, every high school should prepare students for college, #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra Even for schools that adopt the college preparatory label, that may not be the case, always.

#Study-Abroad

Even for schools that adopt the college preparatory label, that may not be the case, always. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra In my opinion University Prep is a collection of programs aimed at readying students for college and careers

#Study-Abroad

In my opinion University Prep is a collection of programs aimed at readying students for college and careers #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
P

Piyush

What is the main difference between US and UK application?

What is the main difference between US and UK application? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Excellent question Piyush. On a broader sense UK Applications more ficus on personal, academic data of the candidate and require to give a statement of purpose. US applications apart fro those looks for a broader understanding of the candidates experiences as a student.

#Study-Abroad

Excellent question Piyush. On a broader sense UK Applications more ficus on personal, academic data of the candidate and require to give a statement of purpose. US applications apart fro those looks for a broader understanding of the candidates experiences as a student. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra I, sometimes, call UK applications to be two dimensional in nature while US schools looks for a 3 D perspective of the candidate and make judgment of his/her academic success based on that.

#Study-Abroad

I, sometimes, call UK applications to be two dimensional in nature while US schools looks for a 3 D perspective of the candidate and make judgment of his/her academic success based on that. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
KB

Kaur Brindhiya

Dear Chandra,Is there a cut of age limit for applying for Masters and as mature student.?

Dear Chandra,Is there a cut of age limit for applying for Masters and as mature student.? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Kaur - There are no age limits to study anything:-)

#Study-Abroad

Hi Kaur - There are no age limits to study anything:-) #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra Of-course when we consider a mature student for admission for a competitive program in a university we try to understand the academic interests of the candidates, as proven achievements. Professional and business interests and achievements are important for us, but please understand to succeed in university one might have an academic rigor.

#Study-Abroad

Of-course when we consider a mature student for admission for a competitive program in a university we try to understand the academic interests of the candidates, as proven achievements. Professional and business interests and achievements are important for us, but please understand to succeed in university one might have an academic rigor. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
RM

Ram Manav

Dear Sir - SFO has been in mind for longest time. Let us connect. I know you are travelling. When ac we meet?

Dear Sir - SFO has been in mind for longest time. Let us connect. I know you are travelling. When ac we meet? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Absolutely yes. You could reach me on my email editor @ tiges . ca

#Study-Abroad

Absolutely yes. You could reach me on my email editor @ tiges . ca #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
YY

Yogesh Yadav

Dear Sir,I am in my 12th grade and would be applying for US Universities? How to go about it

Dear Sir,I am in my 12th grade and would be applying for US Universities? How to go about it #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Yogesh,Appreciate your interest in US schools. Applying to universities in America is simple. Application process is full online (in most of schools), require info on several things from your personal to academic data. In many schools one might be required to write essays (there is a prompt but expected to share your high school experiences)

#Study-Abroad

Hi Yogesh,Appreciate your interest in US schools. Applying to universities in America is simple. Application process is full online (in most of schools), require info on several things from your personal to academic data. In many schools one might be required to write essays (there is a prompt but expected to share your high school experiences) #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra Apart from your regular academic work, most schools expect you to take SAT/ACT and some summer courses, outside academic challenges. And present those data too. All the best.

#Study-Abroad

Apart from your regular academic work, most schools expect you to take SAT/ACT and some summer courses, outside academic challenges. And present those data too. All the best. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
S

Shreya

Sir, I am a teacher in a school in Lucknow, India. I saw your postings on math contests. I would lie to have my students participate in them. How can I contact you? Is training available for students and teachers?

Sir, I am a teacher in a school in Lucknow, India. I saw your postings on math contests. I would lie to have my students participate in them. How can I contact you? Is training available for students and teachers? #Study-Abroad
  (5 replies ) View more

NNS Chandra The contest dates are November 14, 2017 for AMC 8; February 7, 2018 for AMC 10 and 12A; and February 15, 2018 for AMC 10 and 12B. The cost of participation is Rs 750 plus taxes. Those students, who perform exceptionally well in the AMC 10/12, can continue to participate in the AMC contests.

#Study-Abroad

The contest dates are November 14, 2017 for AMC 8; February 7, 2018 for AMC 10 and 12A; and February 15, 2018 for AMC 10 and 12B. The cost of participation is Rs 750 plus taxes. Those students, who perform exceptionally well in the AMC 10/12, can continue to participate in the AMC contests. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra Transitions Lab Preparatory School is an exclusive international partner of the MAA to conduct AMC exams throughout India. It provides students with AMC Resources which consist of material to help with mathematical problem solving and to prepare for the AMC competitions. Limited scholarships are available for top math performers recommended by school math teachers.

#Study-Abroad

Transitions Lab Preparatory School is an exclusive international partner of the MAA to conduct AMC exams throughout India. It provides students with AMC Resources which consist of material to help with mathematical problem solving and to prepare for the AMC competitions. Limited scholarships are available for top math performers recommended by school math teachers. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra Students can enroll with Transitions Lab Preparatory School for the AMC 8, 10 and 12 contests on email amc @ tlups . com.

#Study-Abroad

Students can enroll with Transitions Lab Preparatory School for the AMC 8, 10 and 12 contests on email amc @ tlups . com. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
R

Rawal

Dear NNS Chandra,I am Rawal Bcom Graduate and pursuing Company Secretary Final Examinations next year.I'm done with my IELTS exam with a score of 7 and wish to pursue Masters Law or finance in abroad but I'm confused as to which country has the best scope for law. I had already received an unconditional offer letter from Fanshawe college London city, Canada.

Dear NNS Chandra,I am Rawal Bcom Graduate and pursuing Company Secretary Final Examinations next year.I'm done with my IELTS exam with a score of 7 and wish to pursue Masters Law or finance in abroad but I'm confused as to which country has the best scope for law. I had already received an unconditional offer letter from Fanshawe college London city, Canada. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Rawal, Fanshawe College is a good place to live, study and work and London, Ontario, Canada is one educational hub. But I did not understand what program you got in in here? Short term or a masters program?

#Study-Abroad

Hi Rawal, Fanshawe College is a good place to live, study and work and London, Ontario, Canada is one educational hub. But I did not understand what program you got in in here? Short term or a masters program? #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra I would recommend you to get in a master program or a professional certification (accredited) course. Canada is a good location.

#Study-Abroad

I would recommend you to get in a master program or a professional certification (accredited) course. Canada is a good location. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
RB

Reddy B

You mentioned programs in California for students during Xmas holidays. Can we have more details? I want to send my students for a tour f America during those holidays. Will that be cold

You mentioned programs in California for students during Xmas holidays. Can we have more details? I want to send my students for a tour f America during those holidays. Will that be cold #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Yes Mr Reddy, it can be a bit cold in December. But California can be good when compared to Iowa.

#Study-Abroad

Yes Mr Reddy, it can be a bit cold in December. But California can be good when compared to Iowa. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 

NNS Chandra I will email you the full details of the programs which are available during holidays. Check out UCLA and USC sites.

#Study-Abroad

I will email you the full details of the programs which are available during holidays. Check out UCLA and USC sites. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
J

Jayasri

What are newer programs and courses available in modern management and business school? Continuing with the discussions from previous discussions.

What are newer programs and courses available in modern management and business school? Continuing with the discussions from previous discussions. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Jayasri, Last time while I were in India I got an opportunity to meet few professors in Welingakar Institute. And got impressed with their Business Design Program. Few years back I had another opportunity to meet with few students from India doing a Business Design Internship in Ottawa. Great ideas. Newer paths. I too teach a marketing course focusing on culture.

#Study-Abroad

Hi Jayasri, Last time while I were in India I got an opportunity to meet few professors in Welingakar Institute. And got impressed with their Business Design Program. Few years back I had another opportunity to meet with few students from India doing a Business Design Internship in Ottawa. Great ideas. Newer paths. I too teach a marketing course focusing on culture. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
AA

Ankur Arora

Hi Sir,I am planning to do MS in computer science. I have got 317 in GRE and will be giving TOEFL in few days and expecting a score between 90-100. I have done B.TECH(CGPA: 7.9) and I have 2 years of work experience as well. I am confused where should I apply US or Germany and any suggestion on how can I get some scholarship or financial aid in US university.

Hi Sir,I am planning to do MS in computer science. I have got 317 in GRE and will be giving TOEFL in few days and expecting a score between 90-100. I have done B.TECH(CGPA: 7.9) and I have 2 years of work experience as well. I am confused where should I apply US or Germany and any suggestion on how can I get some scholarship or financial aid in US university. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Ankur, Financial aid in US universities can be a challenge. Getting some funding or RA/TA positions is what you can think of, to offset the cost. Some universities might offer limited scholarships for international students. Germany, things are more open and more funding are available.

#Study-Abroad

Hi Ankur, Financial aid in US universities can be a challenge. Getting some funding or RA/TA positions is what you can think of, to offset the cost. Some universities might offer limited scholarships for international students. Germany, things are more open and more funding are available. #Study-Abroad
1 month ago 
J

Jayasri

What is the status of management education in India now. What are the job opportunities ?.

What is the status of management education in India now. What are the job opportunities ?. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 2 months ago

NNS Chandra Very important question Jayasri, "Amidst the tens of thousands of management graduates churned out by the 5,500 B-schools in the country, only 7 per cent turn out to be employable, says a study conducted by ASSOCHAM. India " A 2016 report quoted.

#Study-Abroad

Very important question Jayasri, "Amidst the tens of thousands of management graduates churned out by the 5,500 B-schools in the country, only 7 per cent turn out to be employable, says a study conducted by ASSOCHAM. India " A 2016 report quoted. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra And on opportunities? I think management education requires to focus more on core skills.

#Study-Abroad

And on opportunities? I think management education requires to focus more on core skills. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra World Economic Forum report argues "The Fourth Industrial Revolution is interacting with other socio-economic and demographic factors to create a perfect storm of business model change in all industries, resulting in major disruptions to labour markets. New categories of jobs will emerge, partly or wholly displacing others."

#Study-Abroad

World Economic Forum report argues "The Fourth Industrial Revolution is interacting with other socio-economic and demographic factors to create a perfect storm of business model change in all industries, resulting in major disruptions to labour markets. New categories of jobs will emerge, partly or wholly displacing others." #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
MA

Mary Abraham

My daughter is studying in 12th grade applying for American universities. She doesn’t have AP but have completed SAT 1 and SAT 2. Is that enough or should we wait for one more year ?.

My daughter is studying in 12th grade applying for American universities. She doesn’t have AP but have completed SAT 1 and SAT 2. Is that enough or should we wait for one more year ?. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra AP is not a required course and score, Mary Abraham. What kind of course is is doing in high school? IB or CBSE? Or state board? In any case SAT 1 and SAT is more than enough to show your daughters intellectual capability.

#Study-Abroad

AP is not a required course and score, Mary Abraham. What kind of course is is doing in high school? IB or CBSE? Or state board? In any case SAT 1 and SAT is more than enough to show your daughters intellectual capability. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
V

Varghese

My son wants to study in Germany for Engineering. Is it a viable opportunity. I am coming middle class family with huge financial burden, so I need to make sure things are properly done. Please help us

My son wants to study in Germany for Engineering. Is it a viable opportunity. I am coming middle class family with huge financial burden, so I need to make sure things are properly done. Please help us #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Mr Varghese - The focus on linking theory to practice in colleges and focus on research fascinates me of robust German model of teaching/education. Especially in engineering education. ROI depends on how one if financing the study. The steps of securing admission and funding is a challenge but doable.

#Study-Abroad

Mr Varghese - The focus on linking theory to practice in colleges and focus on research fascinates me of robust German model of teaching/education. Especially in engineering education. ROI depends on how one if financing the study. The steps of securing admission and funding is a challenge but doable. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
M

Mohan

What are the new coerces and programs available for a commerce student for a successful carrier?

What are the new coerces and programs available for a commerce student for a successful carrier? #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Dear Mohan,Trading and commerce are quite an important career opinion, in my opinion. Merchandising management and marketing related courses and programs are popular now. Placement opportunities are there. Check them out.

#Study-Abroad

Dear Mohan,Trading and commerce are quite an important career opinion, in my opinion. Merchandising management and marketing related courses and programs are popular now. Placement opportunities are there. Check them out. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
RB

Reddy B

Are there any programs available for a high school student in USA during the Christmas Holidays?.

Are there any programs available for a high school student in USA during the Christmas Holidays?. #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hi Reddy, X'mas vacation most of the universities and schools are shutdown. There are few organizations running limited programming during that time. I know couple of them running in the first week of Jan. Check out for university tours California.

#Study-Abroad

Hi Reddy, X'mas vacation most of the universities and schools are shutdown. There are few organizations running limited programming during that time. I know couple of them running in the first week of Jan. Check out for university tours California. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
SB

Sudipta Bose

Hello Mr.Chandra, My daughter has now doing Msc in Nano Science and Technology in India and wants to do Phd abroad . Please let me know what is the procedure for admission as well as job opportunity after completion.

Hello Mr.Chandra, My daughter has now doing Msc in Nano Science and Technology in India and wants to do Phd abroad . Please let me know what is the procedure for admission as well as job opportunity after completion. #Study-Abroad
Posted : 3 months ago  Last updated : 2 months ago

NNS Chandra Cool Nano tech and science. Sudipta Bose - applying for PhD begins with identifying an area to work on and getting connected with a concerned department. And of course preparing and writing GRE.

#Study-Abroad

Cool Nano tech and science. Sudipta Bose - applying for PhD begins with identifying an area to work on and getting connected with a concerned department. And of course preparing and writing GRE. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra Some schools and departments may ask for an interview. But generally they would require string academic performances, and solid references. It is always a good idea to take a research aptitude test. And I would recommend to take a statistics for research course during masters study

#Study-Abroad

Some schools and departments may ask for an interview. But generally they would require string academic performances, and solid references. It is always a good idea to take a research aptitude test. And I would recommend to take a statistics for research course during masters study #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra Convey my regards and all the best for her. Please ask her to get in touch with me if any questions directly.

#Study-Abroad

Convey my regards and all the best for her. Please ask her to get in touch with me if any questions directly. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
RM

Raghu Mehra

Hello sir, my daughter is in 3rd year of her b tech in mechatronic from srm university, chennai. Sir please advise what she should do after completing btech

Hello sir, my daughter is in 3rd year of her b tech in mechatronic from srm university, chennai. Sir please advise what she should do after completing btech #Study-Abroad

NNS Chandra Hello Mehra, SRM is a great school and Mechtronics should be a great program. And I am sure your daughter is doing great too.

#Study-Abroad

Hello Mehra, SRM is a great school and Mechtronics should be a great program. And I am sure your daughter is doing great too. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra Mechatronics quite multidisciplinary in nature, right? What excites your daughter the most mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering part of Mechtronics? That is one way to think about the career. What you like or what ones interests are.

#Study-Abroad

Mechatronics quite multidisciplinary in nature, right? What excites your daughter the most mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering part of Mechtronics? That is one way to think about the career. What you like or what ones interests are. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 

NNS Chandra I can see the question in a different way, What kind of jobs are available now. I understand the recruitment has come down.

#Study-Abroad

I can see the question in a different way, What kind of jobs are available now. I understand the recruitment has come down. #Study-Abroad
2 months ago 
UH

umesh hebbur

Hi Mr. Chandra, I am studying Grade 11 in Bangalore and planning for Engineering degree in US. Can you please advise on the process involved.

Hi Mr. Chandra, I am studying Grade 11 in Bangalore and planning for Engineering degree in US. Can you please advise on the process involved. #Study-Abroad
  (4 replies ) View more
Posted : 3 months ago

NNS Chandra You can reach me editor @ tiges . ca

#Study-Abroad

You can reach me editor @ tiges . ca #Study-Abroad
3 months ago 

NNS Chandra Please refer to a detailed article I had written on preparing for university http://rediff.ly/6vvap

#Study-Abroad

Please refer to a detailed article I had written on preparing for university #Study-Abroad
3 months ago 

NNS Chandra All the best Umesh.

#Study-Abroad

All the best Umesh. #Study-Abroad
3 months ago 
M

Madani

Hi NSSMadani here i had sent an mail did you got it any consultancy advice or how to proceed ?

Hi NSSMadani here i had sent an mail did you got it any consultancy advice or how to proceed ? #Study-Abroad
Posted : 3 months ago

NNS Chandra Yes, Mr Madani. I did receive it. And I will reply in detail this weekend.

#Study-Abroad

Yes, Mr Madani. I did receive it. And I will reply in detail this weekend. #Study-Abroad
3 months ago